ATX Community

Program Update....Must update before tomorrow!

Cathy

Four posters on the ATX Board who have server installations are reporting that they cannot install the update on their servers

because of an error message that says that a later version of the program is already installed.

Another poster updated and now he can't save or close the corporate return he is currently working on.

Four posters on the ATX Board who have server installations are reporting that they cannot install the update on their servers

because of an error message that says that a later version of the program is already installed.

Another poster updated and now he can't save or close the corporate return he is currently working on.

They are not following the proper steps for installing the updates. Another example of diving ahead without reading the directions or thinking they know better than the instructions.

Dedicated server and 10 workstations. All updated successfully within 20 minutes of the release of the update. No issues so far. Updated at 3:15PM today.

I know Jack's gonna kill me for remaining on Windows XP, but I did get this update to install flawlessly when I did two things:

1. I ran ATX 2013 and it pulled down the update, then prompted me to close the app to continue.

2. I pulled up the Task Manager to prepare to kill sfs.serverhost.exe process.

3. I pulled up Control Panel and THING #1: Stopped the Windows Firewall.

4. I then allowed the program to continue, and it stopped ATX 2013.

5. I quickly THING #2: Stopped the sfs.serverhost.exe process.

6. The ATX 2013 13.4.3 installer ran without a problem.

No need to go kill the process in the task manager. Once the program completes its backup when shutting down, it will stop. Usually less than 30 seconds.

Overthinking this one, you are!!

If you have a router in your office, there is no need for ANY software, including Windows, firewalls. Turn them all off if you have a router.

ATX posted on their Blog the following post:

ATX Version 13.4.3 – Server Update Not Required

A server update is not required for version 13.4.3. The update only affected the client (application) portion of ATX and not the server. If you receive the following message on a Server Only installation, please click OK and disregard the message.
atx+server.png

So, this error message that some users with server installations were getting was totally incorrect
and not the fault of the users.

Update needs done now!!! All my e files have to be re created in order to e file. This is a pain!!! I thought I could e file some today and not have to individually update each client...wrong!!!

At the firm, I have 350 efiles waiting. All will have to be redone!! I complained loud and long and in not so nice words to my contacts at ATX. If you only do a few hundred returns, it is not so painful. I will be redoing e-files for the next 2 weeks. Had to redo 51 today.

ATX posted on their Blog the following post:

ATX Version 13.4.3 – Server Update Not Required

A server update is not required for version 13.4.3. The update only affected the client (application) portion of ATX and not the server. If you receive the following message on a Server Only installation, please click OK and disregard the message.
atx+server.png

So, this error message that some users with server installations were getting was totally incorrect
and not the fault of the users.

Correct. The development person I spoke to in Wed. even told me to be sure to update the server first.

This is typical CCH coming to life again. First finger on the hand doesn't know what the second finger is doing, much less the other hand.

CCH management still ranks a -3 on communicating to its technical people.

TYPICAL CCH AGAIN!!!