ATX Community

PDF to csv for stock transactions?

HV Ken

I use a PDF Converter called Wondershare PDF Converter PRO. Not perfect, but it converts pdf's to excel then you save excel as a csv file. You do have to tweak, but it does save a lot of data entry. It just depends on what the pdf file shows. You can use a trial of it, but you are limited with the number of pages. the cost was $69 2 years ago. Now it is $80, I use it at work and at my home office.

url http://store.wondershare.com/shop/

Hope this helps!

In 15 years i have never entered each line item. Boy some people will be in for a shock if I have to enter all of there of those charges. What do you charge to enter all those transactions?

Phil

Yep.

I had one with 36 pages of transactions. They were insisting that I include them with the return. Said sure. $3 a line item.

They decided against it.

I told them the subtotals ST and LT to each account was sufficient.

This was before the 8949 world, but really? The IRS has the info. Send me a CP-2000 and I will deal with it. And in 22 years, I haven't seen one yet.

Rich

• Like 2

In 15 years i have never entered each line item. Boy some people will be in for a shock if I have to enter all of there of those charges. What do you charge to enter all those transactions?

Phil

To date, when the instructions say the transactions need to be itemized, I have been successful in getting a CSV file of the transactions, and the entire process takes less than 5 minutes, so the charge is minimal.

But if I did have to charge per transaction, my rationale is this: if they are willing to pay between $7-$12 per trade, they should be willing to pay $3 per transaction to include those trades on their tax return!!

• Like 2