ATX Community

TONER REFILL/PRINTER ?

WITAXLADY

ok,so I am refilling the Brother toner and it is printing nicely - I thought

only printed about 50 copies and says need new toner

Is there a way to reset the printer to think this is new?

Another tip or trick I should be using?

I got 2 new Brothers and only get abut 600 copies instead of 2600! out of any kind of toner - ???

Thx D

I gave up. I don't want to bother with refilling myself. You used to be able to shake the cartridge and get a couple more days out of it. Now you're lucky to get 10 pages. I just buy new ones and pay. Even the new ones don't last long. They practically give away the printers so they have to make their money with the cartridges.

If there is a "Rapid Refill Ink" company in your area, try them to see if they can get or have high volume cartridges. I am using an older HP2015 and get the high volume cartridge from them and only pay 118.00. This gets me 10000 pages. I would guess this would vary wit printer manufacturer.

I use less than 2 toner cartridges a year because of working as paperlessly as possible and only printing the main tax forms for clients (1040,A,B,C,D,E). I skip the 8949, 1116, 8863, 8582 and any other form the client has no hope of understanding.

We give them all of the forms, etc. on a CD but often only print 4-12 pages for the folder. I give $10 off if they accept just the CD.

I have tried many different Refurbs for my HP Laserjet 3015D, from many different vendors. I always end up with problems printing the tax forms or any graphics. There will be a streak or line going through and I have to print the entire return over. Not worth it to me for $10 to $15 difference in price overr OEM. I use the 55X and it lasts me all tax season and a little more. I usually have a $50 coupon from Quill or Staples so it ends up costing maybe $150 a year. Sometimes I can find them on ebay, though harder to find. I don't mind the refurbs for Inkjet, but for the laser printer, and Tax returns OEM works better. Plus it prints at 56 pgs a minute.

ok,so I am refilling the Brother toner and it is printing nicely - I thought

only printed about 50 copies and says need new toner

Is there a way to reset the printer to think this is new?

Another tip or trick I should be using?

I got 2 new Brothers and only get abut 600 copies instead of 2600! out of any kind of toner - ???

Thx D

I sent you a message...