ATX Community

My 2 cents worth

Booger

One of the reasons I like to visit this Board is to check out the various questions/answers that

are given here. Sometimes I find situations that I actually run across in my practice, and I can

use the info given.

However, during tax season, I find that a little HUMOR is also helpful. You have to admit that

some tax work is BORING and MONOTINOUS (spelling?).

Maybe sometimes the humor isn't all that funny, but it's humor none-the-less.

If you take yourself too seriously, you'll miss out on alot of life.

Booger, CPA

(28th year in tax practice)

"You can please some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not please all of the people all of the time." Abraham Lincoln

It's the same whether we are discussing chit chat, political agendas, etc. I don't particularly enjoy the meal agendas but they don't annoy me. I already have the option of not reading a particular poster, as Lincoln so wisely stated any group is going to disagree; any "chat room" will disagree about content. Bad words don't bother me, political rhetoric does. So long as there is a boss, creator or moderator there will be choices made. Individual posters have the option not to participate. Ironically the "tax only" forum offerred by ATX (pre CCH) was never as lively as the "open board" continued to be. So now we are voting on having the creator creating ANOTHER tax only board, my chrystal ball which is usually in for repairs tells me that the "chat forum" will continue to have the most postings, and those of us addicted to our own words will frequent both; many times answering the same question posted twice. Is it just me or have most of us....????

BEEN THERE, DONE THAT? In my never humble opinion lbb

lbb, you getting any snow up your way? We're supposed to get anywhere from 3-6 inches here

tomorrow. Bright sunny day (but COLD) today.

Booger

We have and continue to get A TON. Back window dark, covered with snow, all schools in the area are closed. It's gray today, as it usually is from October until June. lbb

We have and continue to get A TON. Back window dark, covered with snow, all schools in the area are closed. It's gray today, as it usually is from October until June. lbb

lbb and Booger,

I live in Northern Maine and running out of places to put the snow in my driveway. The snow at the mouth of my driveway is over my head (I am 5'9"), and a full foot above my mailbox. I have to dig into the snowbank to expose the opening of my mailbox. We are supposed to get more tomorrow.

My snowblower will not blow the snow over the banks at the edges of my driveway as they are so high. I have to blow everything to one edge, then blow it forward and around to the banks by the road. I will try and post some pictures of the snow in my driveway ASAP.

That being said, I think we should keep the board open to Elrod's meals (he came under fire on the ATX board for it before and was defended), and JB and Booger's jokes without a separate board.

What I still find amazing is the willingness of the folks here to read the board daily (during busy season) and help other members overwhelming the need for humor and light-hearted conversation.

This is one of the reasons I miss working with you folks directly: You want so badly to help and do for the good. That's why I get several PMs when I post a question about my tax return.

The NT marker always worked before, and should work now. That's just the opinion of a sales and customer service guy.

Monkeyman

lbb and Booger,

I live in Northern Maine and running out of places to put the snow in my driveway. The snow at the mouth of my driveway is over my head (I am 5'9"), and a full foot above my mailbox. I have to dig into the snowbank to expose the opening of my mailbox. We are supposed to get more tomorrow.

My snowblower will not blow the snow over the banks at the edges of my driveway as they are so high. I have to blow everything to one edge, then blow it forward and around to the banks by the road. I will try and post some pictures of the snow in my driveway ASAP.

Monkeyman

Monkeyman, send a shoveful or two my way. We can use some of that white stuff around here.

Eli

We're supposed to get 6-9 inches of snow in this part of OH starting tonight. Talked to my cousin who lives in Sheboygan, WI the other day and she had to call her neighbor to shovel snow so she could get her door open...they had 12" at that time, with 17" total predicted. Now that's winter! If it's bad here tomorrow at least I'll be able to catch up on these returns.

AnnieR

Many years ago in college in SC, I had a roommate from northern Maine, who just happened to mention that in a letter from home (this was WELL before cell phones!), his sister mentioned that it had been snowing and blowing and the drifting was "part way up over her window."

My response was, "Boy, that must mean 5 or 6 feet of snowdrift!"

His response, "Well, not exactly, 'her window' is her bedroom window and it's on the second floor!"

"You can please some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not please all of the people all of the time." Abraham Lincoln

It's the same whether we are discussing chit chat, political agendas, etc. I don't particularly enjoy the meal agendas but they don't annoy me. I already have the option of not reading a particular poster, as Lincoln so wisely stated any group is going to disagree; any "chat room" will disagree about content. Bad words don't bother me, political rhetoric does. So long as there is a boss, creator or moderator there will be choices made. Individual posters have the option not to participate. Ironically the "tax only" forum offerred by ATX (pre CCH) was never as lively as the "open board" continued to be. So now we are voting on having the creator creating ANOTHER tax only board, my chrystal ball which is usually in for repairs tells me that the "chat forum" will continue to have the most postings, and those of us addicted to our own words will frequent both; many times answering the same question posted twice. Is it just me or have most of us....????

BEEN THERE, DONE THAT? In my never humble opinion lbb

I completely agree with lbb. Plus, when I choose to go into the general chit chat forum it tells me right there "Discuss taxes, software, anything you want." Some are just choosing to discuss anything they want and I for one don't have a problem with that.

Also, if i'm not in the mood for it, I skip a post from Elrood that has 'dinner' or some such as the subject matter. Or Janitor Bob and 'frikkin banana'. If I'm in the mood I'll read it. Or even post back. Or post my love of brown sugar cinnamon pop tarts during tax season. If ya don't like it, quitcherbitchen!

And here I had the air conditioner running yesterday...

I remember back in the old days, coming down stairs and opening the garage door to find that you couldn't put a finger out the door because of the snow drift. And I am not talking about some wimpy 6 or 8 foot garage door as I grew up in a gas station. Shoveling/plowing snow before we went to school is NOT one of my fondest memories of Maine.

And here I had the air conditioner running yesterday...

I remember back in the old days, coming down stairs and opening the garage door to find that you couldn't put a finger out the door because of the snow drift. And I am not talking about some wimpy 6 or 8 foot garage door as I grew up in a gas station. Shoveling/plowing snow before we went to school is NOT one of my fondest memories of Maine.

Monkeys are funny