ATX Community

Totem Pole

Christian

I heard it could happen if you get the account manager who lives here:

wei-hell-frozen.jpg

That sign indicates the real meaning of the response I received when I asked for more than the typical price break for the 2013 software.

The 2012 debacle cost me and the firm I work for money and clients in 2012, but it has also cost me personally, the loss of 12 new clients for 2013 that I gained in 2012 because I could not process their returns in a timely manner. I took a survey, and that was the overwhelming answer why they did not return.

No numbers yet from the firm, but I am sure the same thing happened there.

Bottom line, the 2012 debacle caused damage to my business both in 2012, AND 2013. I believe I was able to stop the bleeding with the clients that stayed with me for 2013.

Not sure how my conversation with the sales department will go for the upcoming year.

For the record, my efforts to support using ATX, and helping with problems, had NO impact on their attitude about pricing. "...such a small subset of our customers..."

• Like 3

No good deed goes unpunished...

Jack, knowing the extra lengths you went to in an effort to help other ATX users, plus the feedback you gave the company on their problems, CCH should give you the software for this year and several years to come. The fact that they don't recognize that (yet spend hundreds of thousand of dollars to advertise & promote their product) speaks volumes about their corporate philosophy.

• Like 5

I didn't lose anybody over the 2012 mess. But I sure did lose a lot of time and energy for a few weeks there, both of which translate into dollars, because I was working under increased pressure for a reduced wage. Did anybody die? No, but, I didn't really have time to hunt them down.

Yes, if they weren't willing to cut the price with the 2013 software, it's never going to happen.

I will say this, I found the 2013 program to be just grand, except I hate the letters. It was plenty fast, and I had no desire to kill anyone. None at all. I'll renew, but I think I'll wait.

• Like 1

No good deed goes unpunished...

Jack, knowing the extra lengths you went to in an effort to help other ATX users, plus the feedback you gave the company on their problems, CCH should give you the software for this year and several years to come. The fact that they don't recognize that (yet spend hundreds of thousand of dollars to advertise & promote their product) speaks volumes about their corporate philosophy.

No cheerleading from me this year. I will go to all lengths necessary to make ATX work properly for me and the firm I work for. This year I will defer all requests for help to customer support at ATX. Since they were given the award for one of the top 25 in the field, I must not be doing something right. My observations and experience do not support the "top 25 award" scenario.

• Like 1

Aw, come on Jack! :dunno: Does that mean that all PMs are also taboo? Even my pleas for consideration because of the beta testing issues I had; fell on deaf ears. Nevertheless, I am looking forward, not back. Too many other more important things to worry about.

• Like 1

Aw, come on Jack! :dunno: Does that mean that all PMs are also taboo? Even my pleas for consideration because of the beta testing issues I had; fell on deaf ears. Nevertheless, I am looking forward, not back. Too many other more important things to worry about.

PMs will always be answered!! (especially for a sweet lady like you!!)

• Like 1

I didn't lose anybody over the 2012 mess. But I sure did lose a lot of time and energy for a few weeks there, both of which translate into dollars, because I was working under increased pressure for a reduced wage. Did anybody die? No, but, I didn't really have time to hunt them down.

Yes, if they weren't willing to cut the price with the 2013 software, it's never going to happen.

I will say this, I found the 2013 program to be just grand, except I hate the letters. It was plenty fast, and I had no desire to kill anyone. None at all. I'll renew, but I think I'll wait.

I agree, 2013 was much better (but I also had a better PC to use than 2012 - Both Dell's, but for 2013 Win7 Pro and 8Gb RAM vs Win7 Home and 4GB - Go Figure it would make that much of a difference). Both Stand Alone except for Wireless Printer (Color) for my letters). HP LJ 3015P for all else.

I also hate the letters, cumbersome and they look unprofessional in ATX. I setup a template in word to use for my letters, copy pasted most of the ATX letter with the refund or balance due info, then tweaked it in Word. It did not take but a few minutes to tweak. Had my letterhead, etc and it looked much more professional than the lame ATX Letters.

I also waited to the last minute to renew and I paid a down pmt in January and the rest in February. Actually received a better price than 2012.

I never renew early as they take the money ahead of time with free use for a measly 10% (wow $100!) discount. Not worth it to me.

I also remember prepaying for software back in (1995 - 1996?- had 2 girls 1 and 2 so memory is foggy) and then the company went belly up and lost the prepaid amount. I tried ProSeries Intuit that 1st year - Very Expensive, then I switched to ATX for 1997. I have never renewed early since then.

Just my random thoughts - Sorry!

• Like 1

I also hate the letters, cumbersome and they look unprofessional in ATX. I setup a template in word to use for my letters, copy pasted most of the ATX letter with the refund or balance due info, then tweaked it in Word. It did not take but a few minutes to tweak. Had my letterhead, etc and it looked much more professional than the lame ATX Letters.

I have heard more than one say the equivalent, Carol, and I'm seriously thinking I'll do the same. It's a shame how dinky the letters are. Or, in the alternative, how much trouble it is to change the letter. I mean, really, it's like landing a plane to me. Yes, very unprofessional looking. And about random thoughts - that's what we are all doing, keep it up!

• Like 1

Rita: About that "landing a plane" , "unprofessional looking", and "random thoughts" comment, let me add something appropriate:

One time a question was asked of Gen Chuck Yeager - famous fighter ace, test pilot, and first man to break the sound barrier & live to tell about it.

The question was - > "What do you call a successful landing ?"

Chuck's answer -> "Anything you walk away from."

• Like 5