ATX Community

Is it worth $ 200 off to renew with ATX this week ?

Lee B

To each his own with regard to the discount. I'm just glad my policy has always been to wait until the last minute.  I was especially glad at the beginning of 2013. I was able to delay further while the 2012 problems were surfacing, and finally pulled the trigger on  switching to my backup (Drake) in late January when it was painfully obvious what was developing over here.  Huge problems and little prospects for resolution.  That decision would have been much harder if I had already tied up money with ATX, even if the prospect of a refund loomed out there somewhere.

As Judy pointed out, the savings is less than the price of a single return (or maybe a couple of really small returns).  I don't like the idea of committing for the entire season on the value of a single return preparation fee.

It does help to play hard to get as a customer.  Just sayin...  You have to be convincing though...

Is that what you are doing, playing hard to get?

Seems to me that CCH's discount strategies leave a bad taste for the long-time loyal users, and it always looks like a last ditch desperation move by the company when they start offering this variety of discount and prize drawings.

It does help to play hard to get as a customer.  Just sayin...  You have to be convincing though...

Is that what you are doing, playing hard to get?

Seems to me that CCH's discount strategies leave a bad taste for the long-time loyal users, and it always looks like a last ditch desperation move by the company when they start offering this variety of discount and prize drawings.

Let's just say that I have been successful in obtaining larger than reported by others discounts.

I'll call 'em on Monday & see what I can get. Didn't even see the email from ATX. I wasn't opening anything that wasn't from a client in this last week. My billings are down about 10k from last year. Didn't lose a lot of clients, but most of the same-sex returns were a lot easier than last year. I need to conserve $$ wherever I can. Ah well, if nothing else, that vote campaign sure did get my name out there in the last few days!

• Like 3