ATX Community

blocked from atx

michaelmars

so the other day I posted on the official board that although I haven't used atx since 2011 with the 2012 issues, that I would come back this year if I see that the installation errors and crashes etc are at a minimum.  I order my software mid January every year so I was in wait and see mode.  So the next time I tried to get on the forum I my account was deactivated.  Guess they don't want me back anymore.  I know that I can view some of the issues here but I really wanted to monitor their online responses and customer service issues.  Guess I am staying with proseries for another season at least. I still have my 60% discount for a few more years the prices aren't an issue.  Its state integrations, letters, efiling issues, customer support and stability, all of which have been better in pro except for the letters. 

I have been using Pro Series for my 1040 clients since the Chipsoft days of 1988 and using ATX for my Business, Trust, etc. returns since the Saber days of 1993.  With the debacle that was 2012, I jumped at the chance to get the large ProSeries discount for 5 years on the Power Tax Library and I now have been doing all of my returns on ProSeries since 2012 and loving it.  I can't see myself ever going back to ATX eve though I had no problems with the 2012 program myself, just lived in fear that it would fail me during crunch time.  ProSeries just feels more "pro" if you know what I mean.

The only thing I don't like too much with ProSeries is their forum.  It seems to be filled with some rather snarky people who seem to pride themselves on giving sarcastic answers to legitimate questions, unless you are a member of their "old boy's club."  I wonder if there are enough of us ProSeries users on this forum to ask Eric to consider starting a ProSeries subforum much like what now exists for Drake and OneDesk.  What do you think?

• Like 1

Michael, I do believe you will come back to ATX because after all the issues they had a couple of years ago, I predict that future releases of ATX will be robust. I do believe that Pro Series is a better product for some users but they also pay extra.

As I said before, I have had no issues with ATX but after reading some posts and seeing that people have lost revenue, Pro Series is a good product even though is more expensive, it might be worth it.

If this year is great for ATX, I can see a lot of people coming back. Time will tell.

I have a problem with ps lack of forms, especially some ny credits that have only to show 1 number that flows from a k-1, there is no reason I should have to pdf and attach a simple form like that.  also they only do a handful of states for efiling extensions. the letters are next to impossible to edit.  Even with no payment due it sometimes prints out "where to make a check" etc.  But mostly its their lack of forms and this is a biggie, you have to process each quarterly estimate each quarter, it should be automatic once you efile the return.  I have had to eat some penalties since I forgot to transmit some.  The homebase

doesn't even have a way to add a column for estimates if you only have state ones.  The homebase of atx was the best feature to manage my entire work flow from.

Michael, I do believe you will come back to ATX because after all the issues they had a couple of years ago, I predict that future releases of ATX will be robust. I do believe that Pro Series is a better product for some users but they also pay extra.

As I said before, I have had no issues with ATX but after reading some posts and seeing that people have lost revenue, Pro Series is a good product even though is more expensive, it might be worth it.

If this year is great for ATX, I can see a lot of people coming back. Time will tell.

from what I did see, people are still having issues installing the program, which is why I wait till mid January to do mine, never had an issue with pro in installing or updating etc.   I still don't see the logic of denying old users, the use of the forum. If things were going well then that would be their best selling tool to get people back.  In fact if I ever would go back I would first insist on a forum log in, even if for reading and not posting, so I can review the issues people have before I commit to buy it.

from what I did see, people are still having issues installing the program, which is why I wait till mid January to do mine, never had an issue with pro in installing or updating etc.   I still don't see the logic of denying old users, the use of the forum. If things were going well then that would be their best selling tool to get people back.  In fact if I ever would go back I would first insist on a forum log in, even if for reading and not posting, so I can review the issues people have before I commit to but it.

I guess ATX wants to keep spammers away of their forum and that's why they restrict access to ONLY their current clients. I never use their forum anyways.

I wonder if there are enough of us ProSeries users on this forum to ask Eric to consider starting a ProSeries subforum much like what now exists for Drake and OneDesk.  What do you think?

I know what you mean.  The forum does have some rather snarky people on it, I think they think they are funny.  I would like a subforum  here as I seem to keep coming back here for tax information.  Seems like a great idea!

Eric took care of that for you. It's there now in the Other Vendors section.  :)

I disagree. 

1. Problems installing 2014 at the firm.  I have not called tech support yet.  Monday morning will be my day to see if there are any qualified and empowered technicians on duty. 
  2. Corporate reluctance to take ownership of the 2012 debacle and admitting how it hurt ATX users' 2013 return.
  3. A general lack of understanding of customer service.
  • Like 2

I really have to say that 2013 was my most productive year ever, monetarily and client wise.  Wish the same for all of you in 2014.  I am already being addressed by new clients who are all referrals.  ATX and I must be doing something right.

• Like 6