ATX Community

Yay me...just filed all 2014 1099-MISC forms for clients!

Janitor Bob

Sat with client's bookkeeper last week and stepped through new 1099 wizard in QB.  All was well.  (They'd upgraded from 2010 to 2015.)  She was going to print a couple to hold up to forms from Staples to make sure.  We were going to print this week when I was in.  Boss didn't want me in this week for a variety of reasons.  Told her to print.  She stepped through wizard and two of eight vendors changed amounts, one to $0 and other to higher than last week; diagnostic re thresholds; and a W-9 arrived for a new vendor that I didn't know about so wasn't mapped.  I spent hours on the phone with her, but really can't do this without seeing her screen.  I told her to check with her boss re me going in Monday.

I hate these forms. That. is. all. Hate them!  I still have one client left to work through and hope that the client doesn't have to send any W9s at this late date.

I am having a devil of a time with these and W2s this year. Client picked up W2s yesterday and told me the employer address was wrong and has been wrong on all the partnership returns and payroll filings for about 4 years now. Uh, I'm not a mind reader and do not have a crystal ball. About 4 yrs ago, she switched from a p.o. box to using a street address. I always include a bill with the package and have never mailed her anything.  It's nice that she waited 4 yrs to tell me!  Same client told me last year to change address of an employee on the W2 and that employee had been using a relative's address to qualify for in-state tuition cost in PA, when she really lives about 1/2 hr away from here in the other direction in DE.   Me yesterday --->  :wall:  

For another client, today I drop off 1099s, w2s, payroll returns when I'm out running an errand because I think this will be quick.  Ooooohhhhh nooooooooo!  One half hour later, I'm still trying to explain how the W9 request for TIN works because their company needs to request 2 or 3, and yet they received a request for one and that totally confused everyone there!!!!  Why are we sending them if the same people are requesting them from us?!    Me again today --->   :wall:      and I really wanted to   :slap: .

• Like 5