ATX Community

Virginia EST pymt

TAXMAN

Haven't done this for VA, but I have clients who don't send what we'd printed.  I have them draw a line through it and write in the amount they're sending.  The voucher will scan wrong at the state's end if it doesn't get caught by a human, but the check will be recorded correctly.  In CT, the client's record has been correct.  So far.

Or, as Jack says, have your client print blanks from the VA page.  Or, does VA have an electronic payment method available, maybe on their web site?

http://www.tax.virginia.gov/content/individual-estimated-tax-payments

Edited by Lion EA

I don't think that the 2015 forms 760ES are available on the Virginia Tax department's website yet.  However, you should be able to set up payments on-line.  And depending on what jurisdiction you are in within Virgina, you may be able to talk to your local commissioner of the revenue's office and get assistance with paper forms. 

However, you should be able to set up payments on-line. 

I encourage all my clients to pay online. I had at least two clients mail their federal check to the state and the state cashed it. Pretty sure that's illegal. Anyway, took a long time to figure out because we had a cancelled check made out the US Treasury and the endorsements were illegible.

• Like 1

I can print Blank Fed est forms for client. I can't seem to get Virginia to do the same. Client likes to figure his own during the year. Just wants blanks printed. Has any body else tried this?

I have done this.  It requires overrides, I think on the Record tab.  Just delete the amounts on that screen, and the vouchers should print blank.