ATX Community

My wife just laughed at me

rfassett

My office away from the office is my finished office in the basement of our house.  I work remotely from here in the evenings and weekends during tax season.  She just came down the stairs and handed me some cheese covered nacho chips and saw my bag of pretzels, bag of Doritos, my coffee cup, my coke can, and my candy stash - all interspersed with the papers covering my desk..  And she laughed as she walked away.  It's tax season, right?

And I got the Oak Ridge Boys playing on my stereo behind me and my four foot Mickey and Minnie Mouse's sitting in the rocker across the desk from me  Does it get any better than this?

• Like 7

Hubby's from Harrisburg, so we'd visit Hershey when the kids were young.  But, I love higher-end chocolate.  Son and wife now in Starlight, PA, employed by the Inn at Starlight Lake and own the bakery, Hancock, NY.  They're coming Monday but won't be bringing any baked goods as the bakery was closed for the winter and they're coming via Poughkeepsie and a food show and then NYC friends.

http://www.innatstarlightlake.com/

http://www.thebakeryhancockny.com/default.html

Invariably my diet during tax season sucks. I have to resort to popping vitamin pills, since at the end of a 12hr day at the office, I look back and find that I ate:

1. Tea and cookies. Sugar in the tea, of course.

2. A burrito.

3. Some potato chips.

4. Soda.

5. Bottle of water.

6. Kit-Kat bar from the client bowl.

For a time I was preparing salads by hand every day, then it just got too busy. Then when it slumped, I was out of the habit. At best I was sprinkling a bag of pre-cut greens over my burrito.

I lose weight over the cold parts of the tax season since I expend quite a bit of energy keeping warm when I go home, after being on-the-go during the day.

• Like 2

I've had a bear claw, coffee and now I'm into the Monster energy. Oh and vitamins. I'm pretty good with the pre washed salad though; throw a bunch in a bowl (medium sized mixing bowl), sprinkle with some sort of crunchy stuff and dressing. Voila! Dinner.

And tangelos. I've been craving those things and they've been 99 cents a pound. I hit 159.6 this morning on the scale, over 15 lbs down since December 5.

• Like 7

I've had a bear claw, coffee and now I'm into the Monster energy. Oh and vitamins. I'm pretty good with the pre washed salad though; throw a bunch in a bowl (medium sized mixing bowl), sprinkle with some sort of crunchy stuff and dressing. Voila! Dinner.

And tangelos. I've been craving those things and they've been 99 cents a pound. I hit 159.6 this morning on the scale, over 15 lbs down since December 5.

I found the weight you lost.  Let me know when you want it back! :)

Congratulations - keep up the good work!

• Like 3