ATX Community

Looking for new Software

Oh Baby!

After 14 years with ATX, I may finally be done.

I need to switch to a tax program that is 100% web based. I need to be able to access my software anytime, anywhere and not worry that if my server crashes, I will have to spend hours in busy season restoring all my info from backups. 

Plus, I purchase a new computer every three years or so which means that I have to re-install my tax software for the last 6 years and restore all of my tax returns for the last 6 years, since I generally keep my client info for 6 years.

Anyone know of a good tax software that is web based?

"Cloud convenience" is highly overrated, and extensively embellished in advertising campaigns.

I have my business and client information on MY server, and no where else.  I have adequate backup protocols that will survive any calamity and do NOT use an online backup service.

I feel the same way about online backup as I do Cloud Tax Software.

• Like 1

I am with Jack on this one. I would not use the cloud unless that was the only choice.

What I did on my computer was to install 2 years and the prior year coming, then I keep the old, slow computer just in case I need to go back to prior years. Only the first year, I had the need to open my old computer. Next year, I will buy another computer and I will install only 2013, 2014 and 2015 and keep this computer just in case I ever need to go back to it.

If you were looking at UT, then look at ProSystem fx.  I like it a bit better and was able to negotiate MUCH better deals.  (Think Ultra Tax had bad problems last year and poor support, but haven't heard anything bad this year.)  And, if you are interested in cloud-based, there's the cloud version Axcess from CCH which is very, very new so, hopefully, getting better every year.  I'm out in the boonies so lose internet with some frequency (used to lose power, but finally installed a generator last fall, yea!) so haven't explored Axcess yet.  My backups are are removable hard drives and not in the cloud.

• Like 1