ATX Community

Last Call!

Eric

Alright, so the move is complete... I think.  If you're seeing this, you're looking at the site on the new server.

HOWEVER

The control panel reads a much smaller disk usage than expected, which makes me think the transfer wasn't complete... but so far I don't see that anything is missing so maybe it's just a size reporting problem?

Can you guys look around and see if anything seems missing?  Keep in mind that if there is anything seriously wrong/missing, I may have to restore a database and revert the whole site to a backup from May 1 and any new posts created today will be lost.  So if there IS anything missing, it's best to find out sooner than later.

Alright, so the move is complete... I think.  If you're seeing this, you're looking at the site on the new server.

HOWEVER

The control panel reads a much smaller disk usage than expected, which makes me think the transfer wasn't complete... but so far I don't see that anything is missing so maybe it's just a size reporting problem?

​Eric

Maybe it is just "perception" from being in a "bigger" disk space?? As George CaStanza said on "Seinfield" after coming out of the water -- "at times there may be what appears as "shrinkage".

Just my 2 cents worth.

• Like 1

Disk space consumed is disk space consumed, no matter the percentage of consumption.  I think that the difference can be attributed to the backups that were taking up disk space on the old server that I didn't migrate to the new one.

Props for the Seinfeld reference anyway though :)

• Like 1

Eric, another change that I've noticed recently is that when someone uses the quote function the cursor remains inside the quote box, above the quoted text,  when the person then starts to type a response. I've had to edit 2 posts so far to separate out the poster's text out from the person he was quoting.  It was obvious to me since the first one I noticed was someone quoting me. The latest was a post earlier today when Jack quoted Margaret in the topic about not paying for more licenses than are needed.

Do you have a setting that can be adjusted so that the cursor appears outside/below the quote box when we use that function?

• Like 1