ATX Community

941's not received

TaxmannEA

Just wondering if anyone else has been seeing a large number of IRS notices regarding unfiled 941 forms. We've had 8 or 9 clients in the last 2 weeks receive these. All are clients who make monthly deposits and who are very good about mailing these in. I'm beginning to think that IRS isn't opening their mail.

• Like 2

Also in different parts of the country, the Postal Service is closing down mail sorting centers, which delays mail delivery.

Last year 1st and 2nd quarter estimated payments timely mailed to the Oregon Dept of Revenue took 10 to 14 days

to be delivered.

Also in different parts of the country, the Postal Service is closing down mail sorting centers, which delays mail delivery.

Last year 1st and 2nd quarter estimated payments timely mailed to the Oregon Dept of Revenue took 10 to 14 days

to be delivered.

​This is so true, it's happening here in Chicago too, before I would get a client payment the next day, now it takes about a week, bummer.

The sorting center in Dayton is being closed.  Sorting will all go 90 mile east to Columbus.  Streamlining at its finest.

I have heard from people inside the local post office that slow downs, not processing bags of mail and other things are being committed as the workers protest the closing.

I have this on first person information.  It is frustrating because our clients want to blame us for things not being delivered timely or at all.

• Like 3

That would mean that people would have to come into the 21st century.  Most tax preparers are nowhere near grasping the reality of how the future is going to be.

​That is why they are closing the Mail Sorting centers.  Mail volume is going down.  Just reality.  Going to have three days a week mail delivery before long as well.  Gotta close that postal deficit.

Rich

That would mean that people would have to come into the 21st century.  Most tax preparers are nowhere near grasping the reality of how the future is going to be.

Looks like the future's going to include increasing incidences of data breaches and an IRS stretched so thin that their own personnel struggle to figure it out and fix the problems. 

This is not a new issue.  We hear this from customers who paper and e file.  A few years ago, there was a large number lost, based on the more than a few our customers with this issue.  Thus, we recommend in addition to keeping the paper copy for compliance purposes (the electronic storage regulations are not something I am comfortable with as I do not want to allow the IRS access my computer at will to ensure my compliance, nor do I want to have to report any potential data loss, such as a computer change, versus the no proof required+ assumption the IRS makes that I did keep the paper records), we suggest paper filing.  For those who prefer to get proof of delivery, mailing with some sort of delivery receipt might be a comfort.

• Like 2