ATX Community

Reporting In

mcb39

As a few of you know, on June 2, I had breast cancer surgery.  All is going very well.  No margin invasion and no lymph node invasion.  Prognosis couldn't be better.  I wouldn't normally be writing this other than to remind all of you gals to have your mammograms.  Early detection is SO key and that is what saved me.  My tumor was only 7 cm.  It is gone.  I will have no radiation or chemo....only meds.  This has been a pretty hectic time for us as my husband and I were both diagnosed with cancer about two weeks apart.  Also, my cousin, who became my new assistant this year,  was diagnosed before me and had her surgery exactly 4 weeks to the day ahead of me.  We are all doing just fine.  Am not asking for any sympathy here; just want to make sure that all the gals and wives of guys out there get the message and are as fortunate as I have been.

• Like 9

MCB:

Congrats on your good prognosis!  My wife is a one year survivor, two years from diagnosis.  Hope that everything stays well.  Have those mammo's, ladies...

Although the mammo in my wife's case was clean....

What did they diagnosis your husband with?

Rich

Prostate cancer.  He is preparing for the radiation seed implant.