ATX Community

Welcome to tax season 2016!

jklcpa

I see lots of familiar names appearing that haven't been on in a while.  Welcome back to those of you MIA over the summer and fall of last year, and welcome to our new members that have joined recently. Also, thank you to all that have stuck around through the slower months to keep this site one of the best.  I'm looking forward to this year and this filing season being better than the last one. 

• Like 6

24 minutes ago, ILLMAS said:

Is there an ATX facebook page?  I recently opened an account and have very little friends :(

Not any official site that I've found. Lots of us are probably on FB with personal pages if you want us as personal friends. 

Would people want an unofficial group on FB for sharing pictures and such?  We could set up a group called something like "Friends of..." that could be managed so that friends could be referred and approved. Those are pretty easy to set up and would be much easier for sharing personal stories and pictures.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Abby Normal said:

There's a closed group we all could join. It's not very active but I'm sure we could liven it up!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/827167400659499/

Depends on what people are looking for. That group is for software-related questions and has 44 members and would duplicate what we have going here. It's not a bad thing to get additional input on the MAX program from anyone that uses it.  Maybe we should invite those 44 to join here.  ETA - I see you are one of the 44 already.

It really depends on what people are looking for: a place for more personal and fun postings, or more tax-related and professional items. Personally, I like to keep FB as one of my fun places to relax and share with friends, not more work-related material because I have enough of those sites already.

• Like 3