ATX Community

NT - Laugh of the Day

kcjenkins

3 hours ago, Gail in Virginia said:

I am a little slow apparently.  I just realized that in addition to the three extra days at the end since we go to April 18, this is leap year so we really have a tax season that is 4 days longer than normal.  Help!!!!

It's OK -- Daylight Savings Time starts March 13th so we lose an hour early, too.  Whimper.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gail in Virginia said:

I am a little slow apparently.  I just realized that in addition to the three extra days at the end since we go to April 18, this is leap year so we really have a tax season that is 4 days longer than normal.  Help!!!!

I have not related that information to ANY of my clients.  That way, on April 15, when I get that last minute call, I can pretend to have a special connection to get their return filed timely, but "there will be a substantial extra charge" to do so. 

Then I can be a hero.

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, Jack from Ohio said:

I have not related that information to ANY of my clients.  That way, on April 15, when I get that last minute call, I can pretend to have a special connection to get their return filed timely, but "there will be a substantial extra charge" to do so. 

Then I can be a hero.

I don't tell them either but the talking heads on the TV news love to talk about the deadline for filing, and so even though my clients know nothing else about taxes (such as when their corporation's return was due) they know that date.  They also all know that they are supposed to have their tax forms by the end of January, and if they get something late I think they want me to have the people that sent them the 1099 after Feb.1 arrested.  Tempting, but I don't know how.  And if find it hard to believe they "forgot' about receiving a few thousand dollars last year until they got the 1099 - especially the ones that are non-employee comp. 

• Like 3