ATX Community

Tell me I'm not the only one with a client like this

RitaB

Message:  Hey, Rita, we're gonna owe this year, just calling to see if you'll be able to get our return done by the deadline?

I call her:  Sure, I am only two weeks behind.  We have six weeks to go.

Client:  Ok, so I’ll bring it in, in say, three weeks or so?

A) Does she think it takes longer if they owe?  2)  I get a smiley for B.  And you already know what B is so I'm just gonna stop talking now.
  • Like 6

Had a client call yesterday with a couple of bank reconciliation questions.  She said, "I do not know how you do this all of the time.  It would drive me nuts".  I responded with, "Being somewhat nuts is a pre-requisite to being in this business."

I will cite Rita's post as an example.  A) Does she........      (Wouldn't the next bullet point be B ) and not 2).  :)

• Like 4

22 hours ago, rfassett said:

Had a client call yesterday with a couple of bank reconciliation questions.  She said, "I do not know how you do this all of the time.  It would drive me nuts".  I responded with, "Being somewhat nuts is a pre-requisite to being in this business."

I will cite Rita's post as an example.  A) Does she........      (Wouldn't the next bullet point be B ) and not 2).  :)

They say this all the time and then expect you to magically get their return finished like yesterday.   Got three new clients yesterday who were SO nice!  Cash up front; fairly easy returns and Victory for me over Turbo Tax; which they used last year.  Kind of makes your day when you get people like this who are so grateful that you are willing to welcome them as new clients.:wub:

• Like 6

6 hours ago, mcb39 said:

They say this all the time and then expect you to magically get their return finished like yesterday.   Got three new clients yesterday who were SO nice!  Cash up front; fairly easy returns and Victory for me over Turbo Tax; which they used last year.  Kind of makes your day when you get people like this who are so grateful that you are willing to welcome them as new clients.:wub:

I wish we lived close enough to merge our practices!  We would be unstoppable and the best tax practice in the state!  You and I think so much alike, and I recognize your mountains of experience and knowledge!!  If and only....

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Jack from Ohio said:

I wish we lived close enough to merge our practices!  We would be unstoppable and the best tax practice in the state!  You and I think so much alike, and I recognize your mountains of experience and knowledge!!  If and only....

hey.  I got dibs on her first.

• Like 3