ATX Community

CEU's

Terry D EA

Complete all required CEU's last month through APlusCPE. As of this morning, the status shows that my completion credits have not been sent to the IRS. I contacted APlusCPE and they said the IRS has taken that portion of their services down for maintenance or something like that. They keep contacting the IRS and get the brush off. Has anyone else experienced this and what to do with the situation. Call the IRS????  The IRS webpage shows everything from last year but not the current year.

This has been an ongoing thing since I believe October. IRS is "updating" service. NO CE's have been accepted by them from CE vendors - not just specific ones, but all it appears.  It is just a matter of waiting as from information --- even if sent in by ourselves, records will not be updated soon.     Leaves one to wonder if this will affect programs such as ASFP (supposedly needing completed by year end) or any other IRS requirements.    Sorry not to know m ore but it has been, nothing new.

• Like 5

they have a new provider of the website service for posting CE hours and getting CE numbers for classes.  Website went down September 19th and we have been waiting for the new provider to get their website up and running.  it was originally supposed to be 1 week and as you see we are going into month 3.  I am in charge of my State association of posting all hours to the website for IRS.  We have such a back log.  IRS has given us two dates of when it will back up.  Now they just say we will email you when it available.

• Like 3

During my renewal process about three years ago, I did everything I had to do with my EA requirements. I sent my form to the IRS and about three months later, I got a letter stating that if I wanted to continue enrolled, I had to proved that I had my CPE credits. I went to AplusCPE website and printed all my certificates and attached them to the IRS form and issue was solved.

So, I guess the IRS still needs you to send them those certificates even though the vendor correctly reported to IRS that I had passed their exams.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Pacun said:

I went to AplusCPE website and printed all my certificates and attached them to the IRS form and issue was solved.

I tell clients that the piece of paper I regret is the one that I do NOT have.  Sometimes today, though, those papers are saved in PDF format rather than on actual paper.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Pacun said:

During my renewal process about three years ago, I did everything I had to do with my EA requirements. I sent my form to the IRS and about three months later, I got a letter stating that if I wanted to continue enrolled, I had to proved that I had my CPE credits. I went to AplusCPE website and printed all my certificates and attached them to the IRS form and issue was solved.

So, I guess the IRS still needs you to send them those certificates even though the vendor correctly reported to IRS that I had passed their exams.

I renewed last fall and did not have to do anything except mark the box that I had sufficient CPE credits.  I renewed online.