ATX Community

Quickbooks W2's to ATX2016 Payroll

ILLMAS

We do efile W2s right from QuickBooks, but apparently a lot of people use XPS format to export from QB and into ATX Payroll and other programs. We use Enhanced Payroll.

Google QuickBooks W2 Printer Setup grayed out

You can't select your printer in QuickBooks. You have to print to their PDF printer, and QuickBooks uses a weird PDF printer that doesn't allow exporting to XPS from their PDF.

It's all a sham on Intuit's part to get everyone to buy enhanced payroll.

• Like 2

I may have found a workaround. Print the W2s to a PDF in QuickBooks. Use a conversion tool (I use Nuance PowerPDF Standard) to convert to a Form in Word. Print from Word to your Microsoft XPS Document Writer.

Now, I don't have ATX Payroll installed so I can't test the final step of importing into ATX.

There are probably other PDF converters out there but you can get a free 30 trial of PowerPDF Advanced version.

• Like 1

Re: Importing W2 info from Quickbooks

Hi All,

I am providing an UNOFFICIAL workaround for this if you would like to try it at your discretion.  I was able to use it successfully.

1) Install Foxit PDF viewer.

2) Open the PDF you generated in QuickBooks.

3) Print the PDF to .xps.

4) Import the .xps created into Payroll

Copied from a post by ATX Kristin

( Note use Copy A )

• Like 1

This was posted today on the ATX blogspot:

Wolters Kluwer has learned of a change that Intuit recently made within its QuickBooks product, which limits customers’ options for printing W-2 forms.  We currently are working on identifying a permanent solution to this inconvenience, but we have identified a third-party workaround that may help you to continue working uninterrupted ahead of the January 31 W-2 deadline:

1)      Install Foxit PDF viewer https://www.foxitsoftware.com/downloads/  (This is a free software.)

b.      Click on "Free Download" on the right-hand side

2)      Open PDF generated in QB in Foxit.

a.      Click on the Open folder and locate PDF generated in QB.

b.      Select QB PDF.

c.      QB PDF opens.

3)      Convert to .xps file.

a.      Click the Print icon.

b.      From the Printer dropdown menu select MicroSoft XPS Printer.

c.      Save .xps file to computer.

4)      Import converted .xps into Payroll.

a.      Open Payroll program.

b.      From the Return Manager, select Import/W2/1099.

c.      Select .xps file printed from Foxit.

d.      Click Import.

5)      Successful import of data.

Foxit PDF viewer is an unaffiliated, third-party software solution. Use of Foxit PDF viewer shall be subject to, and governed by, the End User License Agreement (License Agreement for Desktop Software Applications). Prior to downloading, installing and using, you should carefully review and understand all of the terms, conditions and limitations contained therein. Wolters Kluwer makes no representations or warranties, directly or indirectly, as to quality, performance, usage or suitability of the third-party software solution. Further, Wolters Kluwer assumes no responsibility or liability, directly or indirectly, in connection with your use of the third-party software solution.
Posted 3 hours ago by ATX-John
  • Like 1