ATX Community

NT Goodies received

Margaret CPA in OH

A couple of weeks ago a client brought a large pizza from his shop when he picked up his payroll. The timing could not have been better.  That one little act of kindness will carry me through to the end.  Did I mention this guy makes the best pizza for miles and miles around?

• Like 10

No food this year, but a very nicely drawn picture of Mickey Mouse and a 6 year old written note of thanks!  (Priceless).  I also received a beautiful bouquet of roses from one of my older clients because I didn't charge her anything (Her husband recently passed away unexpectedly and she is having some financial issues).  The price on the vase was more than I would have charged her.

It's the simple act of kindness that makes our day!

• Like 11

I don't get much in the way of gifts.  But, this year two retired teachers who drive in together from some distance researched toys for my 17-month-old granddaughter and showed up at their appointment with this great walking/ride-on car with lots of bells and whistles that she will love.  Avery visits next week, so we'll take off the ribbons, open the box together, and let her toddle around the living room.  Those two women were really excited telling me all the features!

• Like 7

a client sent a bouquet of flowers to the ladies in the office! he hangs out here too often but they are nice and I do owe him a call to straighten out his 1099 - or not!

billed his brother $11,000 for the money ha gave him for land so his books would show the payments in - however, $5,000 was for actual payment - the other $6,000 was legit as stumpage.

So the bro screamed - rightly so and when I finally figured out what was going on, the second bro said - no I'll take the $11,000 as capital gains - stumpage as my income - I am saying no - we are going to correct this - so I am not returning wither call - second bro is hubby of old friend out of state - so treading a little carefully but hey - I don't do their taxes and he is trying to cheat!!! now.

Write a book - right but no one but tax people would understand it!

• Like 4