ATX Community

I need to be done by noon on Saturday.

schirallicpa

usually it's that cute little Shih-tzu in my picture waking me up.  He's 8 years old now, and barks in the middle of the night if anyone gets up or - god forbid - the cat walks by.  and sometimes he likes to go out on his leash at 2 am.  but what really killed me last night, he woke me up to let me know the cat wanted to come in.  i sleep through the cat scratching at the door, and I like it when he ignores the cat too, but my fussy little boy couldn't stand it until I got up and went to the door and let the cat in at 3 am last night.  only to bark at him when he walked by the bedroom a few minutes later.  Ugh!  

in my next life......nothing that eats or poops.....or talks or barks or meows......

• Like 5

We have already polled our clients and will be filing extensions on Monday.  I always do them a week early, and then go back to cranking out returns.  Every year there are a goodly number of folks who get put on extension but then file on time.  And every year, there are folks whose returns are ready for pickup, who end upon extension because they can't get here in time or don't mail back their 8879's in time.  

I finished up this week by doing the payroll tax filings for March and Q1 for my business and the one remaining in-house payroll client.  Everyone else is on online do-it-for-me payroll.  That has been great.  Money shows up, and all I do is download quarterly reports and occasionally adjust a w-4 or add a new employee or inactivate a newly-former employee.

• Like 3

I have 20 returns yet to do.  9 of them are corporations, 1 a decent size 990, and the other 10 moderately complicated 1040s.  My extension list is at 66 and growing.  Everything that comes in from here on out will be extended.  We should be done completing returns and working on extensions by Tuesday.  We are well positioned for the four day weekend I have been so looking forward to since January 2nd.  The office will close at 6:00 p.m. on Thursday and re-open at 8:00 a.m. on Tuesday the 18th.  And it will be blow and go for two weeks when we return to get the quarterly payroll reports done. 

• Like 2

Our insurance company warned us that we should get a signature from clients that they understand that going on extension without paying in now means they will get penalty and interest and that has caused more time messing with more paperwork.  We have always had clients on extension who don't care about p&i, and just pay later.  And of course, we have clients that just don't have a clue yet where they stand.  (Sad, I know.  We take all kinds here....)  

• Like 2