ATX Community

I'm having a stupid attack!!!

BHoffman

I've been suffering with dread over changing a client from cash to accrual.  It's a commercial contractor SCorp.  When the bleep is this client required to change accounting methods because his gross revenues are over $10m???

2013 - $5,000,000 gross revenue

2014 - $10,000,000 gross revenue

2015 - $12,000,000 gross revenue

2016 - $14,000,000 gross revenue

This client doesn't have to change accounting methods until they file 2017, and they will look back on 2016 , 2015, and 2014?  Right?

Oh, great.  Now I have the heebie jeebies for no good reason.  Several clients mailed in their extension requests with payments.  One of them is my dad.  Should I also efile the form, or just let it go.  He'll have the cancelled check as proof.   I've never worried about these things before.  Sheesh.  

• Like 2

Gave some clients forms to mail in with checks.  Also gave some clients the link to Direct Pay; paying via direct pay IS the extension as well as the payment.  But, I've e-filed extensions for those that should be mailing in the past; belt & suspenders.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Jack from Ohio said:

E-file the extension as well.  

Belt, suspenders, duct tape, and staples.  File it.  If the agencies get extras/duplicates, I have NO sympathy.  They get weekends off, and salaries, benefits, and pensions none of us can even dream of - that WE pay for - so they can bleeping well deal with extra paper forms.  I am out of patience with the entire world right about now.

• Like 4