ATX Community

Amending an 1120S LLC

ILLMAS

The self employment tax - the great equalizer. I would chase that client away. It sounds like he wants his cake and eat it too. What are the facts? Is he a sole proprietor or is the business being operated as a corporation? That should not be hard to ascertain. When you determ8ne that, the facts will dictate the filing requirements.

22 minutes ago, Abby Normal said:

Yeah, but if your insurance company finds out you're using it for business without properly disclosing that, then your claims can be denied.

I always wonder about the teenagers that I see working for Papa John's or Domino's - have they (or their parents) told the insurance company they are driving around with a lighted sign on their car delivering pizza?

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Gail in Virginia said:

I always wonder about the teenagers that I see working for Papa John's or Domino's - have they (or their parents) told the insurance company they are driving around with a lighted sign on their car delivering pizza?

If the delivery person has a wreck while on company time, that ultimately should be covered under the company's insurance. The employee would have to give his/her insurance card at the time of the wreck, but guaranteed that his/her personal insurer would be assigning that claim against the company's insurance.

This is entirely different than putting the company car in personal name to get a cheaper rate that would be fraud.  In a similar vein, my office has a separate policy that covers people on my property for business that my homeowner's policy does not cover.

And...we are waaaaaaaay off-topic.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Abby Normal said:

Yeah, but if your insurance company finds out you're using it for business without properly disclosing that, then your claims can be denied.

Well of COURSE - but do people think of pesky things like that when faced with car insurance at $1,000 rather than $6,000?  I mean, c'MON now!  :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1