ATX Community

S-corp return has vanished - freaking out

jasdlm

An S-corp return that I filed prior to 15 March has vanished from ATX.  It is not in the Return Manager list, it is not in the efile manager, but it still is in the rollover manager (although I don't want to roll it over again).  I know I'm not crazy, because the .pdf copy is on my server, and the 8879-s was signed by the client.

I feel like I'm in the twilight zone.  I'm working on their personal, wanted to look at something in the S-Corp, was too lazy to go pull the file, so I just went to open it in the software, and it is no where. I tried looking just through the corporate list (in case I forgot the name), tried searching by the name, pulled up the .pdf so I could verify the name, Nada.

Has this ever happened to anyone?  I am seriously having some raised blood pressure/high anxiety here.  

Have you tried to import the K-1 into the personal return?  I know sometimes when I look for a return to rollover and its not on the list.  I uncheck everything and then it shows up on the list, another weird thing in ATX.  Freaks me out because I am just waiting for something to happen.

• Like 1

I hope you find (or have found) your return.  This happened to me last week but I did not think much about it until I saw your post.  Freaked me out at the time because I thought it was just me not seeing what I was looking for.  I do not remember what I did exactly, maybe shut down the program and reopened, and there it was.  The fact that the return is still in the rollover manager is immaterial to the issue at hand.  The rollover manager looks in a different place for the prior year return info.

• Like 3

Thanks to all.  I shut down the software and my computer more than once.  Nothing.  I finally signed on to my assistant's machine and logged in using her user ID.  Nothing.  However, when i came back to my computer and did one more check, I saw an S-Corp with a very strange name.  It had not been there previously, because I had searched through the list of corps multiple times.  I opened it, and it was my file.  It somehow disappeared, renamed itself, and reappeared.  I renamed it back to its original name.  (The name was really random - nothing related to or in the corporation in any way.)

You can't make this stuff up.

Crisis averted, but blood pressure suffered. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Abby Normal said:

The find feature searches quite a few fields in ATX. You can try EIN or street name next time you can't find a return. I learned this because I can't find my own return using name search, because ATX searches the preparer name field. I'd sure like to turn that off.

After you get married it will be easier to search, but maybe more difficult in other things, I don't know, just saying.

• Haha 2

The return does seem to be intact and not corrupted.  I wish I had printed out the return list.  I read through it 3 times in a panic, and I feel certain that this very strangely named return was NOT there until I had gone through an hour's worth of high jinks and two computers.

How many more days?