ATX Community
Sign in to follow this  
Randall

Cleaning Scanner

I have a Fujitsu ix500 scanner.  It was showing streaks in the scans.  I've cleaned it every way I can using their recommended F1 cleaner.  I have clean scans now on the front side.  But when I use the two sided scanning, I still get a vertical black streak on the back side.  Anyone have any helpful tips on how to get rid of the streak?

22 minutes ago, Randall said:

I have a Fujitsu ix500 scanner.  It was showing streaks in the scans.  I've cleaned it every way I can using their recommended F1 cleaner.  I have clean scans now on the front side.  But when I use the two sided scanning, I still get a vertical black streak on the back side.  Anyone have any helpful tips on how to get rid of the streak?

Find the other scan window.  Since it will scan 2 sides, there are two glass covers to clean.  It may not be easy to get to, but that will take care of the streaks.

Be diligent about the stick-em_pucky that so many places use.  When you see it, immediately remove it from the papers.

I HATE STICK-EM-PUCKY!

• Like 6

Thanks Jack.  I will look again.  But I think I cleaned both glass covers.  I hate the stick em stuff too.  I try to get it all off before scanning.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, cbslee said:

Interesting I have had a Scansnap S300 for over 10 years and never cleaned it.

Same here.  Then I got the ix500 a year ago.  Go figure.

14 hours ago, cbslee said:

Interesting I have had a Scansnap S300 for over 10 years and never cleaned it.

Perhaps you should and the quality of the scan might improve. Or not.

• Like 1

When I've had such a problem, generally it was a dirty roller and not a dirty piece of glass. Don't know how that printer works with double sided scanning.

• Like 1

If the streaks go all the way down the page, the contamination is stationary (on the glass), since it does not move.  If it were on the rollers, it would not be straight and would not go all the way down the page.

the contamination can be clear to your eye, but show black to the scan.  Look very closely, and clean very thoroughly & carefully.  It only takes a tiny bit, to cause a streak.

• Like 3