ATX Community

Vanishing client letters...

Denne

I know that I had the Client letters all set up and after doing the file, when I go out to print the returns the Client Letters are gone.... Sure don't know what I am doing wrong, but it is very annoying to have to keep going in and setting them all up again! Any suggestions??

I haven't had that problem. But I'm not getting my client letters from last year included with the rollover. I think they rolled over early in the season but then stopped. I haven't pursued it, just added the letter, but it is getting annoying.

If you want the letter added to the file automatically, go to Return Manager, Options, Preferences, and Select Forms. Check "Automatically Add Client Letters". I personally add the letters to the file after I have finished all the calculations.

I know that I had the Client letters all set up and after doing the file, when I go out to print the returns the Client Letters are gone.... Sure don't know what I am doing wrong, but it is very annoying to have to keep going in and setting them all up again! Any suggestions??

Are you saying that the Letters are not listed on the list of items to print, or that they have completely disappeared from the file altogther after you had set them up? Are you saving the file after you have the letters set up?

I know what Denne is talking about. I have client letters in every return prep'd in 2006. Earlier in the season, the letters were rolling over into the 2007 return. Now they don't come forward & I have to either put them in or choose the "automatically include" setting.

I have the same problem. Early in the season no problem, lately, no letters. Just another inconvience, along with the mini-organizer.

The problem I've been having with letters is limited to Massachusetts. Whenever I do a multi-state return, the MA letter goes flaky; it sets itself to "no balance due, no refund" - despite the actuality of a refund or balance due. The other oddball glitch (again MA-only) is that the return _cover sheet_ leaves off the state name completely. So I've had to train myself to manually edit the cover sheet and letter anytime there's more than one state involved (and one of them is MA).

Catherine

The problem I've been having with letters is limited to Massachusetts. Whenever I do a multi-state return, the MA letter goes flaky; it sets itself to "no balance due, no refund" - despite the actuality of a refund or balance due. The other oddball glitch (again MA-only) is that the return _cover sheet_ leaves off the state name completely. So I've had to train myself to manually edit the cover sheet and letter anytime there's more than one state involved (and one of them is MA).

Catherine

We do multiple states ad for the last few years a rolled over return inserts client letters with no state name etc. I just delete the rolled forward letter and add back and it correct itself.