ATX Community

ATX Notification Option?

Yardley CPA

I don't believe ATX offers an option that generates an email notification to clients once their returns have been efiled and accepted.  Is there any such animal???  🙂  It would be nice if the system generated an email or text based on the status of the efile.  Maybe someday? 🙄

• Like 1

Does ATX have the option to generate and send form 9325 automatically? Drake will do this by simply entering the client's email and checking a box, and it auto-generates and sends that form when the IRS accepts the return.  This all must be filled in before e-filing.  I tested it on my own return but generally don't use it for clients because the email looked too generic, and with the form's attachment, I thought some clients would be suspicious that it was a scam or some virus-infected document.   The email sender is noreply@drakesoftware dot com, and if the client responds to it, the system will route the email back to the preparer set up in Drake's Enterprise Office Manager. 

It's also possible to set up to have the software generate the 9325, not auto-send, and then the preparer may choose to print the form to paper or pdf to supply to the client.

• Like 2

For 1040 returns ATX does offer Versicom Toll Free Tax Infoline PLUS (TFTI+) (for a fee, of course) which is an 800 service that taxpayers can call to find out the status of their EF return and refund.  It available only to tax preparers registered to offer it.  When enrolled in versicom the return's info is automatically sent to the TFTI+ service; that taxpayer can receive status updates by text message and/or email.  I have no idea what this service costs per return, as I have never investigated it.  Look for it at the bottom of the Main Info screen for the 1040.

• Thanks 1

I use ProSystem fx which generates a variety of acknowledgements. I like the email to clients; however, I don't have it sent directly. I have the emails set up to come to MY email address. Then, I forward with a personal message, maybe reminding them a payment will be direct debited or to make their first ES payment.

For state email, I use this introduction: And, your CT acceptance 4 March 2021.

For federal email, I write, for example:

Jane (not a real client),

Your 2020 federal income tax return was accepted by the IRS on 4 March 2021 as explained in the forward below.

Prior to the pandemic, the IRS claimed it deposits 90% of refunds within 21 days. After 24 hours, you can check your refund status at

https://www.irs.gov/refunds

Please remember that you can contact me at any time with questions or concerns.

Best,

Rita

Rita Lewis, MBA, EA
Dollars & Sense, LLC
voice:     (203) 557-0909
fax:        (203) 663-8383

text:       (203) 451-3010
web site: www.DollarsSense.com

Any advice or opinion is based on client-provided information  If any information is either missing or inaccurate, then the opinion or advice may change accordingly.

• Like 1

I like this better than Form 9325 with confidential information. Here's what CCH sends to me (or directly to client):

Sent: Thursday, March 4, 2021 6:52 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: 2020 Electronic Return Accepted by Connecticut

Dear JANE DOE

You are receiving this e-mail on behalf of DOLLARS & SENSE LLC.

No action is required; this notification is for your tax records only.

This email is to confirm your 2020 Connecticut State Individual return has been successfully e-filed with the respective taxing authorities.

Your SubmissionID is 0632822021063044fj59.
Your Client ID is FIORE .

Thank you for the opportunity to serve you.

Regards

PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS E-MAIL.

We generate this e-mail automatically from your request to be notified when your return or extension is accepted by the taxing authority. We do not monitor this e-mail address for incoming e-mail traffic. If you need assistance or have a question, please contact the firm preparing this return for you. Thank you.

• Like 1