ATX Community

atx is charging for e-file have not reach 100

bstaxes

I have 1040 Office with 100 free e-files. I questioned them before purchase and was told it was by client (Fed and State) was 1 e-file. Fed and as many states as needed was 1 e-file by client. Now they are charging me for e-files and I have not reached 100. They are charging me on extensions. Boy am I MAD. I am going to call them as soon as I settle down and can find nice language to talk to them.

Please check you e-files if you have 1040 Office. I hope it is a computer gluch. I will pay if I am over 100 but I am not. I feel like I have been lied to by ATX.

It not that much money involved and it sure won't make ATX rich.

Thanks for letting me vent. This is not how I would like April 15th to be.

I have TTO with unlimited e-file and was annoyed that I was getting those email reminders that my bill was ready. Bill? What's that? ATX lied? Not surprised.

Anyway, I did notice that the bill listed and counted each return e-filed separately. So a client with fed & 2 states was being counted as 3 e-files. Then just think if all those were extensions. That could be 6 e-files for one client.

I questioned them and was told it was by social security number...In MN some people will file 2 state returns and I wanted it clear that that would count as one return. I haven't checked billing but will be very sad if they try to charge me...keep us posted.

I just check that billing detail & it is a bit confusing. For the billing detail, it is listed by SSN & shows the # of states filed.

Ex: early in the season I had a week with only one client's e-file consisting of a fed & 3 states. The billing detail shows fed $0.00 and in the state column shows 3 x $0.00. BUT, when I go to the "View Totals" that shows the total count, it shows a list of 1 fed e-file and 3 state e-files with a total count of 4.

Yes, it is confusing. Maybe that's the way to do it. Confuse us. Even if I count my extra states (fed , 2 states) I don't come up to 100. It also annoys me that I could not file extensions for NJ 1041. I had to go to the state site to do it. This is 2 years in a row. My 1041 are PRS and include e-filing.

I also have the 100 efile, charge after that. I assumed that each fed. counts as one and each state counts as one. In the ATX program, on the Return Manager tab, it shows on the top left the number of returns but on the E-file Manager tab, it shows a higher number of efiles, counting each fed. and state and extension.