ATX Community

SITE CHANGE

michaelmars

Have you been absent for a long time? Eric changed the graphics to be less bandwidth intensive, which was also the time it went 'black', but that was quite a long time ago.

He has been on recently, so that is probably not it

Could it be that he was not signed in when he noticed the difference. I notice that when not signed in the site does look diff. No icons etc

I use FireFox. Sometimes it doesn't play well with programs designed for IE. Then, the screen looks really funny, and I use the IE button within FireFox. After a few hours or a few days, I can use this and other boards under FireFox again. I don't know what happens, but it's resolved itself each time so far. Right now, I happen to be in IE since things started acting up earlier today.

I haven't had that problem with this site. IRS doesn't like Firefox, but ATXcommunity works fine on mine. Wonder why the difference?

I use FireFox. Sometimes it doesn't play well with programs designed for IE. Then, the screen looks really funny, and I use the IE button within FireFox. After a few hours or a few days, I can use this and other boards under FireFox again. I don't know what happens, but it's resolved itself each time so far. Right now, I happen to be in IE since things started acting up earlier today.

I haven't had that problem with this site. IRS doesn't like Firefox, but ATXcommunity works fine on mine. Wonder why the difference?

A lot of the major sites write their code specifically for Internet Explorer and then any of the other browsers can have problems. With firefox there is an easy fix, just get the IE addin and then the sites think they are dealing with Forefox and generally behave. I have almost never seen a site that I have to switch to IE once I did this

Anyone else experiences a change in this site, i lost the background and just have what looks like something typed on an old typewriter graphics. is it me or is the website under some sort of reconstruction?

I was away for a few weeks and came back to this!

That description sounds like the web browser isn't loading the style sheets for the site. I would clear my cache and reload the page.

The page should look about the same in Firefox, Opera, Safari, and other mostly standards compliant browsers (and even Internet Explorer should be able render it correctly)

If clearing the cache doesn't help, I'd like to see a screenshot if possible.

That description sounds like the web browser isn't loading the style sheets for the site. I would clear my cache and reload the page.

The page should look about the same in Firefox, Opera, Safari, and other mostly standards compliant browsers (and even Internet Explorer should be able render it correctly)

If clearing the cache doesn't help, I'd like to see a screenshot if possible.

Thanks I just discovered how to clear my cache and it did the trick. the site is back to normal ---- well as normal as you clowns always make it. Thanks again for the imput.

On my screen, down in the lower right corner, above the time, is a circle with the Firefox symbol. When I left click on it, it turns into an IE symbol and puts the current screen in Internet Explorer instead of Firefox. When I mouse over the circle, it gives instructions to do three different actions. Now, my husband has a lot of Firefox add-ons and refers to it as an IE tab that I think appears across the top with the other tabs.

I am a new Firefox user. Can you tell me where is the "IE button" within Firefox?

It is not there unless you add it in. Go to tools and then addins on the menu and it will provide a link to the Firefox site where you can add custom features to your Firefox. One of those features is IE Tab another IE View, then load them in. You might find all sorts of other add ins you will like there as well. But don't go overboard, as one of the nice features of Firefox is that it is Trim and Slim!

Thanks. I had IE View, but not IE Tab.

It is not there unless you add it in. Go to tools and then addins on the menu and it will provide a link to the Firefox site where you can add custom features to your Firefox. One of those features is IE Tab another IE View, then load them in. You might find all sorts of other add ins you will like there as well. But don't go overboard, as one of the nice features of Firefox is that it is Trim and Slim!

On my screen, down in the lower right corner, above the time, is a circle with the Firefox symbol. When I left click on it, it turns into an IE symbol and puts the current screen in Internet Explorer instead of Firefox. When I mouse over the circle, it gives instructions to do three different actions. Now, my husband has a lot of Firefox add-ons and refers to it as an IE tab that I think appears across the top with the other tabs.

You can also just right-click anywhere on the page and you get choices that include "view page in IE tab".