ATX Community

OT- Monitor

kathyc2

An old monitor that had been my secondary one bit the dust.  I bought a new one (3440 x 1440) and am amazed as to how much crisper everything is. The previous main monitor that is now secondary is 1928x1080.  If anyone else has aging eyes and an older monitor, it may be a good investment to take advantage of the newer technology. 

• Like 7

I have never had a monitor die. My current monitor on my Win 10 system is about 9 years old and still works fine.I used it on my previous Windows system.

I am semi retired and don't work full time any more so my monitor probably has the equivalent of 4 full time years of use.🤨

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, cbslee said:

I have never had a monitor die. My current monitor on my Win 10 system is about 9 years old and still works fine.I used it on my previous Windows system.

I am semi retired and don't work full time any more so my monitor probably has the equivalent of 4 full time years of use.🤨

I agree, monitors last. But the day you instal  newer one the dirrence in 10 years is amazing. I just kept gettingv newer glasses. I have a HP 24" from about 2004 or so. ( hand me down) excellent Screen. Also main monitor is 24" Dell. So so screen. Friend was "camping" in his trailer and plugged his 27"HP into my system.

Both my monitors appeared to fade away. Before October there will be 2 new monitors on my desk.  Kept hoping someone would take pity on "Old Man" and gift them to me. But, birthday came and gone, no monitors 😪

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I, too, have never had a monitor that died.  Therefore did not realize they made that much difference.  However, two new laptops this year have already stretched my belt to the limit.  Presently, am looking for a "deal" on paper.   The cost of doing business has gotten out of hand.

• Like 2

We have attempted to do away with paper. Moderately succesful. 2007 21 cases of paper, 2022 2-1/2. Purchased from Quill with monthly promo. I think $28.00 delivered.

Try to NOT encourage paper returns. "Would you like cream" type language. AND moved office 40 miles OUT OF CITY. Increase in postage. 😉