ATX Community

Almost over !!!!!

BTS

1 hour ago, Lion EA said:

I need pictures! What is a Morkey? What do your cats think about your dog?

Yoda.thumb.jpg.fb3b9200b1f626aed86e06bd175b7d8c.jpgThe cats hated him at first, but the Alpha is getting closer to him. He only weighs 4.5 pounds and our smallest cat weighs 12. Yoda can't figure out why they are annoyed when he chases them or runs headlong into their side to try to get them to play. The cats are positive that he is beneath them. He really needs our son to bring back their two Great Pyrs again, because he has a blast with the youngest one. When we get moved out to Colorado, they will have fun. 

A Morkey is part Maltese and part Yorkie. He does have some poodle in him according to his DNA test. He does not shed and he is the faster than greased lightning.

Yoda and Tommy.jpg

• Like 9

14 hours ago, NECPA in NEBRASKA said:

A Morkey is part Maltese and part Yorkie. He does have some poodle in him according to his DNA test. He does not shed and he is the faster than greased lightning.

He's a cute little fluffball. 😍 

• Like 3

After our retired racers started to pass, we were able to get our hands on two ~75/25% Greyhound/Whippets which were saved from the meat trade in a certain country. Some elders in that area still eat dog, and they have big markets where dogs are sold by the pound. Don't look this up online unless you are ready for what you will see.

One of our greyhounds was a "Macau" dog, rescued at about 30lbs, with a good weight of 75. She lasted just under 2 years with us, likely because of being emaciated for two to five years while being "stored" in a back kennel at the Macau track.

We call them our "littles" since they weigh 40-45 lbs. Much easier to pick up, especially when I think about picking them up 10 years from now. (Racing greyhounds are 60-100lbs in "retirement".)

Most thankfully, our first racing Greyhound was an alpha female. She was able to train the littles into good house dogs in her final months, as a perfect purpose when her two prior house mates passed. There is something to be said about having an older dog break in the noobs.

The littles spend most of my work days near me on fluffy dog ball/beds.

There is something special about watching (and feeling) a free animal (such as a Greyhound) with the flexible spine, running (double suspension gait) at full song.

• Like 3

Sorry to hear about everyone's personal things going on during our busiest time.   I guess I'm fairly fortunate.  I went thru some things about 10 years ago but I'm an old bachelor and don't have a lot going on.  I just hear from my siblings and the things they are going thru with children, grandchildren and all that.  As someone said, life happens.  But yes, the tax season is the tax season.  I'm planning for three more years.  Rent increases, othe costs increase.  Whew.  I'm afraid to start dipping into savings too soon so I'll keep at it for a few more years.  I don't do too much after April 15 though.  Fridays off, shorter hours the other days.  Just the extensions gradually.

• Like 5

Finally, I managed to have a snappy, to me, response to "How do I contact a live person?"

"There is no one here who is dead, so every message you get from us is from a live person."

---

This was from someone who has sent a dozen or more messages, over the last 24 hours, all with a reply address which is not valid, so I doubt they will ever see my reply.

• Haha 5