ATX Community

Renewal offers?

Tax Prep by Deb

I have received mine:

1.  Drake has raised the price of their standard multiuser software by about 20%.

2.  Drake as added two new selections:   Single User Unlimited and Single User 1040 (No business returns)

3. I will continue to use Drake Pay Per Return (ten Individual returns included) as I have the past 2 tax seasons

although they have raised the price for additional personal returns from $35 to $40 and additional business returns from $ 50 to $60,

which will cost about me $150 more for next tax season but it's still about $600 leas than the Single User Unlmited price.

24 minutes ago, mcbreck said:

I buy via Sigma Tax, $999 for the last 2 years and the same next year.

When you have support related questions, do you call Sigma or Drake?

Does your efiling activity and download updates go through a Sigma or a Drake website?

I would call Sigma. My experience is the people you call are terrific at fixing computer problems, not tax problems. They'll try and help but you aren't getting the best answer if you need help with real tax questions. I've never called with real tax questions but that's just my interpretation from talking with them. If it's not printing, they'll be great with that type of problem.

All efiling and downloads go directly through the software to / from Drake. Once installed, you can't tell Sigma is involved except their logo shows up on the initial log-in screen.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, mcbreck said:

I would call Sigma. My experience is the people you call are terrific at fixing computer problems, not tax problems. They'll try and help but you aren't getting the best answer if you need help with real tax questions. I've never called with real tax questions but that's just my interpretation from talking with them. If it's not printing, they'll be great with that type of problem.

All efiling and downloads go directly through the software to / from Drake. Once installed, you can't tell Sigma is involved except their logo shows up on the initial log-in screen.

So this means if I am having difficulty finding a specific worksheet, I can't call Drake Support ?

19 minutes ago, artp said:

Just took a look at their site and the offerings I see range from $295 to $695. Just curious what are you getting for $999? 

I don't see a $295 version but if they had one I'd assume it is the PPR product but I know the $695 is the web based product that only handles 1040 returns. I get the desktop product that includes ALL the returns they handle. It says on their site: Our 1040-DR product comes in desktop and web based versions, if you need to file business returns such as Forms 1120 or 1065 you will need the desktop version.

TW is Taxwise - I don't know what the SR product is for them. They used to resell Crosslink but holy cow that was horrific the time I demoed it years ago.

• Like 1