ATX Community

Aaargh . . . Efile

jasdlm

I don't see why they can't just link to the IRS database which has all the EFIN's, so that way when the EFIN is entered in, it will automatically be checked with the IRS system and shown as correct or incorrect. At that point you could just e-file, or change accordingly and then send. Would be a great way to cut down on the people calling in for this error and would relieve alot of headaches most of you experience. It really doesn't seem it would take all that much effort to create the code for that. You guys should put that in as a suggestion and maybe they'll implement it for next year.

I don't see why they can't just link to the IRS database which has all the EFIN's, so that way when the EFIN is entered in, it will automatically be checked with the IRS system and shown as correct or incorrect. At that point you could just e-file, or change accordingly and then send. Would be a great way to cut down on the people calling in for this error and would relieve alot of headaches most of you experience. It really doesn't seem it would take all that much effort to create the code for that. You guys should put that in as a suggestion and maybe they'll implement it for next year.

Pass that suggestion to Mel so he can incorporate that into the new Pineapple and Coconut software.

Tom

Lodi, CA

Definately not the name of the software. My little joke. It is still un-named as far as I know.

The last time Mel posted something about it, he said he could not get it to beta in time for the 2008 filing season. It has been discussed on and off for over a year on this board. There are people on this board (me included) that would love to see it come to market.

Tom

Lodi, CA

Definately not the name of the software. My little joke. It is still un-named as far as I know.

The last time Mel posted something about it, he said he could not get it to beta in time for the 2008 filing season. It has been discussed on and off for over a year on this board. There are people on this board (me included) that would love to see it come to market.

Tom

Lodi, CA

Me Too!

Deb!

That would be great but does the IRS make that database accessible? Can't use what you don't have.

They make everything else available. Why can't they offer a link to the database? Not access to the database, but just a link to check against all EFIN's used. I think it would be easy, but that's just me.

Not to be argumentative, but like what? I've just accepted the fact that the software can't check things like the SSA masterfile to validate SSN to names and dates of death. Or compare the customer's W-2 to the one the IRS receives from an employer because those aren't available.

If there are resources that might make the software better, please share. I'll write up and email the suggestion.