ATX Community

Just curious....

Eli

Yesterday, I was able to see the last 15 clicks and monitor who had seen my posting and not reply (I know Jainen would agree with me on this one). I also saw what everybody was doing. Later I couldn't see it any more. Today when you sent the link, I can see them but it seems that the gadgets are messed up and they do not stay constant. Permissions to see last 15 clicks should be limitted to only administrators/moderators. That's just my opinion. (I would agree that it is nice to see who has the knowledge and doesn't want to share it).

I take it back gadgets are constant and correct. I was able to see Jainen reading my postings (no replies though). I think that if you do a google search while not logged on to the community, google.com will appear. As you know, this community is wide exposed and google search engine checks it from time to time depending on the queries.

I like seeing who is reading the post shown at the bottom. Sometimes I just read to learn and have nothing further to add to the post. Its not like I don't want to let anyone know that I don't have an answer. Other times it may be that I don't have time to answer and just want to know what is going on with the post.

Agree with Old Jack. I like to see who's logged on, but knowing about the last clicks is unimportant to me. And I've never had Google appear.

I read many of the posts. I try to learn something. When I see a post that may pertain to my practice, I'll use that info to further research on my own. Many times I read and the answer is already posted. Just because a user is reading and not posting, does not mean that the member has the knowledge and is withholding it.

And if you really want advice from a specific member, there's always the option of sending a direct PM to that individual.

Agree with Old Jack. I like to see who's logged on, but knowing about the last clicks is unimportant to me. And I've never had Google appear.

I read many of the posts. I try to learn something. When I see a post that may pertain to my practice, I'll use that info to further research on my own. Many times I read and the answer is already posted. Just because a user is reading and not posting, does not mean that the member has the knowledge and is withholding it.

And if you really want advice from a specific member, there's always the option of sending a direct PM to that individual.

I agree with both of you. I like to see who is active on the board at any given time. I read all posts that are of interest to me. Many times the question has already been answered and there is no sense adding any additional comments. Sometimes, I don't know the answer right off hand and don't have time to research it or do not have access to research materials; depending on where I am. All in all, I find this board to be the greatest of the great and constantly improving. We are closing in on 300 members and all contributions to date have been polite, knowledgeable and timely IMO. Thanks to all of you....

Don' know, however, why google shows up now and then.

Google "indexes" the site regularly. A google bot visits and indexes all of the links and posts on this site, so that when people search for something like "ATX Community" (or any other relevant information found on this site) it'll show up in the search results.

The forum knows what this indexing bot looks like, and shows it as an active member while it's crawling the pages. It does the same for Yahoo and some other search engines.

Permissions to see last 15 clicks should be limitted to only administrators/moderators. That's just my opinion.

As far as privacy goes, if you would rather people not see what posts you're reading or what area of the site you're on, you can log in anonymously. Your name will still be attached to your posts, but your movements around the site will not linked directly to you.

To log in anonymously:

1. Log out

2. Go here: http://www.atxcommunity.com/index.php?act=Login&CODE=00

3. Enter your username and password, and put a check in the box next to "Log in as invisible"

Sorry about the slow response, I'm in the process of moving. Ugh.