ATX Community

Lost Fax!!

Ray in Ohio

I faxed an important document to a client. I CLEARLY told him not to lose it, as that was the only copy I had.

Guess what........ he went and lost it!!!!!!!

Can you possibly retrieve a copy of a transmitted fax from the fax machine?

If you faxed it to him, then you should still have the original. Is it that you just don't want to re-fax it to him?

Deb!

Ray-

What are you smokin???? If you faxed it to him and told him not to lose it, how is it that you turned around and went against your own advice and lost it to? I'll take this as a Friday afternoon joke as I need to laugh at something. Please don't take this the wrong way, it just seems funny.

Julie

Warning : Dumb Blonde Joke Follows. Do not read if offended.

A blonde receptionist gets a phone call from someone she doesn't know. The lady on the other end of the line explains that she recieved a fax from the Blonde's company that was not intended for her. The fax went to the wrong number. The blonde responds "Sorry about that, would you please fax it back?"

Tom

Lodi, CA

Actually, if I dare answer you seriously, I find it's much easier to retrieve an efax than a normal paper one. If the original paper document gets lost or misfiled, it can be a real pain, but an efax I sent can always be retrieved. And one I got is stored in several different places, automatically. But I do think the original post was a joke, on the line of Tom's version.

Ray, some machines store copies of the outgoing faxes, most don't. Just think of the privacy issue if it did save a copy. At my last company, we had a photocopier that we could use as a fax machine too. Guess what, one day a lady in the office used it to fax something from her sideline job. Big mistake as the GM came in and was looking for something she faxed on it and found it. Amazing how after that incident, very few people used that machine to send faxes.