ATX Community

is anyone else having trouble printing

ljwalters

a new person Dave I think it was told me to try a new print driver also. It's strang that the printer works just fine in 2007 tax progam.

What printer are others using. This printer is a HP Laserjet 4100N

Linda and Buddy

Linda and Buddy,

I'm using an HP LaserJet 1018 and all the ATX programs through the years I've used them printed out very rapidly with no problems. Check to see if HP has a new printer driver for your printer at http://www.hp.com.

Wayne Brasch

Linda, I am also using a HP 1018 at one location....no problems this year or last. Here in home office I am using HP1200 (for years) and HP P2035 (new)....no problems with either one. The "N" on your printer indicates that it is Network capable. Are you networked? Take Wayne's advice and check with HP help. Sometimes they have downloads that do magic.

Certainly start with HP and then ATX. Try the VMSUS folks. For a couple of years at Block, our ATX returns were painfully slow, pausing after nearly every page. We worked on it, the Block techies worked on it, the dedicated Block tech support at ATX worked on it. We used Brother printers and tried HP printers. Tried printing from server instead of workstations. Nothing changed. Other offices did NOT have our problem. I think our first year(s) with ATX, printing was normal. Later, Block bought TaxWorks and stopped using ATX and I stopped working for Block, so no recent history. But, sometimes, you just can't find the problem. Good luck.

It is taking me up to 3 minutes to print out a simple return. The same return in 07 program printed almost instantaniously.

is anyone else having this problem. Tech support does not seem to be able to help.

Linda and buddy

No, but I am working on an S-Corp, and every other entry it seems like the program is saving the file (or calculating), and it takes forever. I have resorted to filing when it starts whatever it's doing. Yes, I know that is a mistake, cause now my clients will have a place to sit, but I can't stand sitting in front of this screen waiting to enter stuff on this return. The little returns are going OK.