ATX Community

can't create1065 efile

joanmcq

I keep getting an error message that if the firm name for ERO is filled out the EIN has to be also; both filled out or both blank. I don't have an EIN. Don't know how to get rid of the firm name, its just my name + CPA. Don't have this kind of problem with individuals..anyone got an answer?

Oh, and if I try to create the CA efile, I get the error message that I need the form CAEFBUS, which isn't in the list of forms to be added. WTF???

I keep getting an error message that if the firm name for ERO is filled out the EIN has to be also; both filled out or both blank. I don't have an EIN. Don't know how to get rid of the firm name, its just my name + CPA. Don't have this kind of problem with individuals..anyone got an answer?

Oh, and if I try to create the CA efile, I get the error message that I need the form CAEFBUS, which isn't in the list of forms to be added. WTF???

I can't get them to work either.......just like last year. Don't have time to fool around so am mailing them. I did, however, apply for an EIN since more and more places are asking for it. DUH!!!!

Joan, nice reply on the CP2000 as I have 2 sitting here now. Thanks!

You're welcome! Now I just tried to open the file and it said my CA EF info BUS would not roll over because it wasn't installled. now I'm trying to install it. Of course I have no idea why it didn't install along with all the other p'ship CA forms but....will probably just print the damn things for paper file again, but I'm getting tired of it!

• 2 weeks later...

I just mailed another one today!

I couldn't create 7004 e-file, and I found the thread created by Pat which caused me to check knowledgebase. Long story short, I applied to e-file business returns using my SSN, I now have a FEIN, too. I just had to delete FEIN and enter SSN, and now I can create. Hope this helps. If not, try the KB, there may be something that will help.

When you say i got FEIN. Do i understand correctly that you are self employed, not any type of entity? Any special rules to follow. All my eservice authority is listed under ss # for efile.

I am one person shop and thinking now to get FEIN to protect my ss# but not interested to create any type of entity. I am in NY. Any special thing I should know.

Thanks,

I am an LLC operating as a sole proprietor disregarded entity. I have never needed an EIN before, but my Partnerships would not E-File without it either last year or this. That is probably because my SS does not match with my business name. For e-filing, I have a PTIN and that is all that I ever needed before. However, banks and more places are asking for an EIN rather than a SS. You can get it online at IRS.gov in less than 20 minutes. You do not have to create any kind of entity., I have many sole proprietor clients who have FEINs.

I am an LLC operating as a sole proprietor disregarded entity. I have never needed an EIN before, but my Partnerships would not E-File without it either last year or this. That is probably because my SS does not match with my business name. For e-filing, I have a PTIN and that is all that I ever needed before. However, banks and more places are asking for an EIN rather than a SS. You can get it online at IRS.gov in less than 20 minutes. You do not have to create any kind of entity., I have many sole proprietor clients who have FEINs.

I recommend getting a FEIN to any sole proprietor. Safeguard that social! And it takes only a couple of minutes online. The slowest thing is finding the online fillable form at irs.gov -- even if you put the exact name in the search box, the results frequently have the form hidden way far down in the list of matches.

I've never worried either since the advent of the PTIN. And since all my same sex couples' LLCs are partnerships by default.....

I never worried either with the PTIN. Just finally figured out that was why I have never been able to E-file a Partnership. Now, with the EFIN in place, they are going through like clockwork. Welcome to the world of numbers. I have my husband's advertised, but will probably never have a reason to memorize mine.