ATX Community

NT: Radio interview

Catherine

I will be interviewed this Monday, August 10th, at 3:30PM on WBNW AM 1120, on

the "Money Matters with Scott McCall Afternoon Edition". The topic will be

estate and gift taxes (their suggestion).

This interview will be carried on three stations altogether; WBNW AM 1120,

WESO 970 and WPLM AM 1390. You can also listen online at

http://www.moneymattersradio.net/ and I've been told that the

direct URL for page with online stream is http://wbnw.turnkeyhosting.ca/

Wish me luck!!

Catherine

Catherine, I won't be able to listen to it live, but do you know whether it will

be available tonight?

I would like to hear it.

Booger

I have no idea -- perhaps there will be information at one of the two "listen live" sites I posted earlier. Or maybe they'll give me a tape....

Just finished my prep work and need to print out my notes for the host. Which means I have to disconnect from the internet and re-hook up to my printer. We've been having _horrible_ internet connectivity trouble since Friday and can't get a new modem before this Thursday. Maybe our good friends at VMSUS can talk me through some checks of our internal network -- but not before tomorrow!!

All that blathering just means a) I'm nervous and B) I'm offline once I log off the forum.

Thanks to all for the good wishes!

Catherine

Catherine, I thought you did a really good job. I didn't get to hear everything as a client came in right before you were on, but what I heard was right on point. I think you got your eight-ball the same place I got mine - I never can tell which way Congress will jump for sure either! And I hope people heard what you were saying about federal law on estates and gifts being waaaayyyyyy different than state law - Massachusetts isn't the only state where that is true. Good Job!

I am so bummed! A client called about 3 and proceeded to go through, practically line by line, her return. " I came up with more tax than you...What do you mean there is 0% tax on the $2012 of qualified dividends?" Sigh... I do hope you get a tape or they have a podcast or something for those of us who missed your stunning (per Taxbilly) debut!

Actually, it's not just knowledge that counts for this sort of thing, you have to also have a good "radio voice". Which many do not, but you DO. You sounded very professional, but also warm and caring. That's the sort of thing that may make you a 'regular guest' on the show. Which will certainly be good for your business, assuming you want more business. If not, it may still allow you to 'fire' some of your PITA clients and replace them with better ones. A win-win.

Actually, it's not just knowledge that counts for this sort of thing, you have to also have a good "radio voice". Which many do not, but you DO. You sounded very professional, but also warm and caring. That's the sort of thing that may make you a 'regular guest' on the show. Which will certainly be good for your business, assuming you want more business. If not, it may still allow you to 'fire' some of your PITA clients and replace them with better ones. A win-win.

KC, you're the best. Can I grow up to be just like you, please?

Catherine