ATX Community

GRRRRRR at CCH

BulldogTom

OK, so I have waited until the last minute to renew my software. Still getting the 10% discount and no billing until December.

So I call in - and they still have that stupid $69 shipping charge. I expected that. They won't budge. Fine.

But then he tells me there is an additional $20 charge for putting this on my Credit Card. What the heck is that for? "Because our credit card processor is charging us and we are passing it on to you."

Nickels and dimes and $20 bills they keep nicking us for.

Venting - thanks for letting me.

Tom

Lodi, CA

I thought that it was not legal to pass the cost along (unless you are the gov't!). Here in Michigan I asked my credit card processor if I could charge my clients extra if the charged there fee. A

Answer: no not legal to do that BUT ..... just like the gas stations do.... I could discount for cash!!

Charge everybody 5.00 extra, and then "discount" 5.00 off their bill if they pay cash....

But it might be different in each state.....

Games... why do we have to play games!!

Taxtrio

It won't get there by Monday. I have to pay the Shipping and Taxes right now.

Am I the only one who waited for the last minute to renew with the discount?

Tom

Lodi, CA

I renewed early on and did not get charged a fee for using my Credit Card. However, we have been going to a few public estate auctions this summer and they are now charging a 3% "convenience charge" for using a credit card to pay. This was not the case in prior years. Also, remember how we used to have to pay a membership fee every year just to HAVE a credit card. I am not aware of that ever being the case now. :unsure:

I just called AMEX to see what they say about the legality of charging the $20 fee. It is legal in Georgia (the state where the transaction is initiated is ruling - not the state where the customer is) to charge up to 5% according to the AMEX rep. However, it may violate the terms of ATX's agreement with American Express if they did not change their agreement prior to instituting the charge. AMEX is going to look at the agreement and see if ATX in fact made the amendment to its agreement with AMEX before charging this fee.

I should not let these little things bother me, but it is $20, and that is money I would rather spend on other things than ATX.

Tom

Lodi, CA

I just called AMEX to see what they say about the legality of charging the $20 fee. It is legal in Georgia (the state where the transaction is initiated is ruling - not the state where the customer is) to charge up to 5% according to the AMEX rep. However, it may violate the terms of ATX's agreement with American Express if they did not change their agreement prior to instituting the charge. AMEX is going to look at the agreement and see if ATX in fact made the amendment to its agreement with AMEX before charging this fee.

I should not let these little things bother me, but it is $20, and that is money I would rather spend on other things than ATX.

Tom

Lodi, CA

I wonder if they will accept debit cards. They should not charge for that and they would have a timely payment to boot. I will find out today as I will be calling them for renewal.

I renewed on Thursday and was told that if I used an ACH payment for the inital payment now and then pay the balance in December with the credit card, that I would avoid the $20 credit card fee. I was then supposed to fill out 2 forms - one for the initial ACH payment and one for the credit card payment in Dec. I ended up just signing up for both payments to be ACH as I didn't trust that the credit card would utlitmately be avoided - just didn't smell right to me so didn't want to get stuck with the extra $20 in December.

I signed the deal (fee waived - just ask) with CCH. If I get a fee in December, I'll rescind the deal.

I called before two this afternoon and was on hold for a hour and 20 minutes. then called on my cell phone and got right thru. Lady told me the wrong amount off by 10.00 when invoice came thru. It wasn't worth my time to call back. Didn't say anything about a 20.00 fee. Suppose in was in fine print and I missed it. Recording said busy today because of re newals. Don't think they could of planed ahead. OH but wait it's ATX they don't plan or care.

I called before two this afternoon and was on hold for a hour and 20 minutes. then called on my cell phone and got right thru. Lady told me the wrong amount off by 10.00 when invoice came thru. It wasn't worth my time to call back. Didn't say anything about a 20.00 fee. Suppose in was in fine print and I missed it. Recording said busy today because of re newals. Don't think they could of planed ahead. OH but wait it's ATX they don't plan or care.

Actually, the only thing that is ATX now, is the software. When the company was ATX, they did plan and care.

Fact is... CCH owns the ATX software now, and they don't plan more than a week or two in advance. It is absolutely apparent by their continued actions, that CCH DOES NOT CARE about it's customers.

Rant over!!