ATX Community

The Countdown

jasdlm

Not that many, and I'm already putting people on extension, but it's the huge ones coming in now with problems and new issues they never had before and....

Plus, I'm trying to get a new avatar saved and signature line, so this is also a test. Sorry to hijack your thread for my own purposes, but you did say you weren't looking for any responses!

Congratulations on the pending wedding! My only child, my son, got married last May. It was such a very big deal in our lives and so exciting. It cost more than I could imagine but was well worth it in time, energy and money. And we don't miss it now, for sure. They bought a house 3.7 miles from here so I get the granddog about every other week and am so anxious to have grandchildren if and when.

Keep us up to date with the plans. At least I am interested! And good luck!

He got down on one knee last night when the local TV station was at their Inn! Rob's a manager and HB is the executive chef at The Inn at Starlight Lake in PA. He'd asked her dad's blessing and talked to the camera person. (HB's parents own the Inn.) The segment will air next Tuesday evening. I'm a three-hour drive away, but hope to see his proposal -- and her acceptance -- on the TV website next week. He called me about his tax return and told me this is the last time they'll be filing as single! Trying to get a picture of them as my avatar.

492 1040s done as of this morning and 78 in various stages with approximately 200 more to come. Today is my last day of appointments. Next week we will only take on new clients. If someone drops off starting today we tell them we may get to it by the 15th but if not it's going on extension. If that is a problem they are free to go elsewhere.

taxbilly

Fifty-six completed, fifteen waiting for e-file authorizations or acks, twenty-nine in process and/or waiting for further information from client, four ready for final review, about twenty-eight not in-house yet (most of whom have called to say they're late; the others are mainly my standard eight who call on 4/14 wanting extensions).

Lots of folks real late this year.

I semi retired about 8 years ago - - went from 640 to around 135 - - -that would be my case load - -NOT my weight ( I wish!!) - -soooooooooo I am 107 DONE - -13 waiting further info , 10 appointments and 7 left to check in - -I have a NO EXTENSION policy - -that I pretty much follow.

I do NOT miss those huge years - - wish you all luck!!!