ATX Community

Acks...finally

ajuroff

Received 3 Acks from returns e-filed yesterday. Still some from yesterday and

all from today not ack'ed yet. waiting......

I got a whopping FOUR acks this morning -- all for extensions filed on Wednesday. Nothing for the earlier-than-Wednesday ones, nothing for yesterday's, nothing for the other Wednesday files. If there aren't more this afternoon, I'd best go to the EFC and see if they even GOT the others. Not what I had planned for today. Grump.

Can't recall - can someone save me looking it up? Rejected acks for extensions -what is the deadline for resubmitting them? And if we print rejection and mail is there a deadline?

Today is the deadline. All rejected returns need to be refiled by the 20th. ATX sure didn't give us much time did they? I resubmitted a return yesterday that had been previously rejected. According to ATX site it has been accepted, however I still have not received my acknowledgment.

Deb!

Does the 20th also hold true if the rejected return has to be paper filed. I had one that was rejected because the former spouse who was allowed to take the child as a dependent,; but did not qualify to take the child for EIC because my taxpayer was the custodial parent. We paper filed it today. I sent along copies of the rejection query in hopes that he would not be cited for late filing. Does anyone know approximately how long it takes the IRS to sort one of these out.? I did my due dilligence and am sure that my client is entitled to the EIC for this one of three children. Client can prove that child lived with him most of the year. He didn't need the dependency so gave the two he was entitled to claim to the x-wife and she shot him down.

I have not received any Acks since Wednesday April 21. Is anyone else having this problem? spaz.gif

Calling Tech Support has been an effort in futility as I am not willing to wait on hold for 90 minutes at this time of year...

I just spent 2 hours on the phone (30 min. on hold, the rest dealing with my problem) and after sifting upwards through 2 levels of tech support who only had one "canned" answer, I was connected to a brilliant tech named Brannon Edwards. He is by far the most knowledgeable tech support person I have spoken to since William from the old ATX company. He took the problem on, found a way to correct it without me Re-synchronizing all 5,300+ e-file files and even cleared up some old nagging problems with acknowledgments.

If you have technical issues with the program, Brannon is THE MAN!! I am sending a note commending him to the people at CCH.

Brannon has restored my faith in their tech department.

I am so happy to read about your success and to know there is someone there with that level of capability. I just wonder if it would ever be possible to cut through some of the other layers more expeditiously for more experienced users. He probably is carefully shielded, though, and used for special occasions. But at least he exists!