ATX Community

Nicole - $10 fee - Again

BulldogTom

Nicole,

Please allow me to beat a dead horse here. Is the $10 fee applied to any bank product, or is it just RAL's. I am putting my price sheets together and would like to make full disclosure about the transmission fees going to ATX to my clients.

Thanks.

Tom

Lodil, CA

The 10 dollar fee will be added to any EFile that includes any Bank Product, RAL, RAC etc...

Woohoo! I am soooo glad you're here Beth :)

Thanks Nicole ! I've been reading the board and figured I might as well jump in and help out, I miss my work, never realized how much I enjoyed it until it was taken away... But I'll be here to help out when I can throughout the efile season.

Thanks Nicole ! I've been reading the board and figured I might as well jump in and help out, I miss my work, never realized how much I enjoyed it until it was taken away... But I'll be here to help out when I can throughout the efile season.

I think we all appreciate those of you who are helping out. Very sorry to hear that you were let go. CCH is making a grave mistake IMHO by letting so many outstanding Customer Focused employees go.

But you are always welcome and appreciated in our community.

Tom

Lodi, cA

I think we all appreciate those of you who are helping out. Very sorry to hear that you were let go. CCH is making a grave mistake IMHO by letting so many outstanding Customer Focused employees go.

But you are always welcome and appreciated in our community.

Tom

Lodi, cA

Thanks so much Tom.

That really means a lot to me.

Does the $10 transmission fee also apply to Fee Collect. Would this be in addition to the $15 that SBBT charges?

I have not renewed yet. Have 2 programs ready, and am very skittish about ATX, due to their suddenly being less than forthcoming with information. The other thing that has me worried is the way they "downsized" just before the peak of the tax season. Did someone at CCH forget when April 15 really is? Maybe the beancounter making the decisions never had any contact with income tax preparation, or flunked Customer Service 101 in school???

Just venting my frustrations...

I do need to know about the transmission fee and Fee Collect. I used it last year, and my clientel seemed to like it better than any of the other options out there.

I want to give a very warm welcome to Nicole and Beth. Having experienced ATX service people on here will be a huge resource. I might even send chocolates if it will help convince you to stay and help us frustrated ATX customers. Thanks so much for making your presence known.

Does the $10 transmission fee also apply to Fee Collect. Would this be in addition to the $15 that SBBT charges?

I have not renewed yet. Have 2 programs ready, and am very skittish about ATX, due to their suddenly being less than forthcoming with information. The other thing that has me worried is the way they "downsized" just before the peak of the tax season. Did someone at CCH forget when April 15 really is? Maybe the beancounter making the decisions never had any contact with income tax preparation, or flunked Customer Service 101 in school???

Just venting my frustrations...

I do need to know about the transmission fee and Fee Collect. I used it last year, and my clientel seemed to like it better than any of the other options out there.

I want to give a very warm welcome to Nicole and Beth. Having experienced ATX service people on here will be a huge resource. I might even send chocolates if it will help convince you to stay and help us frustrated ATX customers. Thanks so much for making your presence known.

I don't believe so.

FeeCollect is not a bank product.

It is just a way to get your fees from the client.

The clients' refunds are deposited to their account or sent by check just the way the IRS would normally do it.

There is no option for a RAL or IRAL.

The $10 transmission fee is just for actual bank products like RAL's, IRAL's, RAC's, etc.

Nicole, Beth, William and other ATX employees,

I would like to extend a warm welcome to all of you as well. It is comforting to know you are here and are ready to help. It does mean alot to me and I am sure I speak for others as well. I agree that somebody at CCH blew it with loosing folks like you. I have been told that William is still there but he is probably so overwhelmed and I know he will try his best to help, that folks like you are a real asset to him as well.

Thank you for all you do for us.

Sincerely,

Terry D.

Thank you all for the warm welcome. :) I can't speak for Nicole and Beth, but I know you all have become like a second family as odd as that may sound. Having been around several tax seasons, I've grown rather attached. :)

Exactly my thoughts.

Thanks for the warm welcome.

Personally I see it as calculated timing on their part. How many customers would have switched to another program had they known that they were going to dump ATX's customer support? How many more would have delayed renewing at least.

Funny how they managed to keep the 'support' from the old laid off employees. Just don't have to pay for it now. That just shows you the devotion that the emplyees in Maine actually had. I can certainly tell you that the employees in the company I am at now here in Hawaii don't seem to show that same spirit. ATX had a special thing going back when GW was still there, I can't say after he left as I had already left.

I don't believe so.

FeeCollect is not a bank product.

It is just a way to get your fees from the client.

The clients' refunds are deposited to their account or sent by check just the way the IRS would normally do it.

There is no option for a RAL or IRAL.

The $10 transmission fee is just for actual bank products like RAL's, IRAL's, RAC's, etc.

I think this is last year ATX collect $10. Next year, there wil be no longer for RAL, ERC because IRS was restriction on Bank Products. It will begin on Jan 9, 2009.

Personally I see it as calculated timing on their part. How many customers would have switched to another program had they known that they were going to dump ATX's customer support? How many more would have delayed renewing at least.

Funny how they managed to keep the 'support' from the old laid off employees. Just don't have to pay for it now. That just shows you the devotion that the emplyees in Maine actually had. I can certainly tell you that the employees in the company I am at now here in Hawaii don't seem to show that same spirit. ATX had a special thing going back when GW was still there, I can't say after he left as I had already left.

Mel,

As one of the Kelly Services employees that was "laid off", even tho we are not included in any of the figures from CCH, it is my opinion that CCH planned this in advance. They hired us Kelly Employees in October and November to give the impression that the Caribou center would be around for the tax season, at least. Then CCH canceled the last hiring batch in mid to late November. Using hindsight, it is quite obvious.

I will also say that CCH did give their non Kelly employees decent severance pay, approximately 2 weeks/year of service as far as I can determine. Tho "decent" is a very relative term. I will also say that this was probably due to William, IMHO.

The Kelly employees were simply informed their services were no longer required.

johnmac

Unfortunately that's the nature of temp agencies... Our location once went through 5 or 6 secretaries trying to find the right one, each working less than a day before they were 'no longer needed'.

BUT, looking at it from the other perspective... Maybe they hadn't made their mind up when the people were hired in October. I certainly doubt that William would have known ahead of time and he would have been the one ramping up service. Large companies do have that problem of not knowing what the other hand is doing and politics pay a big part in decisions that should never have been made (Henry's neice works in the xyz office, we don't want to close that one so let's forget that the other office is more productive). Once hired, management wouldn't have wanted to send shockwaves until it really wouldn't matter.

Our company has a similar policy of 2 weeks per year of service, but watch out for things like the little statement in ours that says you have to be available to come back to work and if you start working for another company during that severance period, it ends immediately and is paid every two weeks rather than a lump sum.