ATX Community

Scanners & PaperlessPlus

MDCPA

I have a Kodak i1120 duplex scanner that is fabulous.

I use it with Gruntworx by Copanion (just bought by Drake and they've improved it), and have also added Tic, Tie, and Calculate by CPaperless to my Adobe Acrobat (version 9, bought new and unregistered for small $$ on ebay since it's now an "old" version).

Gruntworx takes the pdf files and indexes them (all W-2s together, etc), and TTC/Adobe lets me mark items as entered, hot-link forms and entries, add notes, even run "paper tape" calculations all in the pdf. It's a terrific system and saves me tons of time.

I got the S500 a few years ago and it's still going strong. No need to update yet. But it doesn't have the twain driver. Does the S1500 have the twain driver. Not sure if I need it right now, but I think I'll want it with my next one for some things coming up.

We bought the Fujitsu fi-6130 high speed scanner. I love it. My only regret is that we did not get a network capable scanner so I could install and use paperless plus on more than one computer.

For me as I venture into the world of "paperless", the jury is still out on Paperless Plus.

Haven't touched "Paperless Plus." I've been *wedded* to "Nuance PaperPort" -- ever since it was Visioneer PaperPort -- since 1996.

It still costs less than Paperless Plus, and does *EVERYTHING* I need to do to documents -- to digitize, store and/or modify them -- transmogrify them into *any* graphic-file format required by *any* recipient -- from tax-auditor to banker to client.

(Also, when I had to upgrade my scanner, to a Fujitsu fi-5015c -- to accommodate Windows 7's insistence upon 64-bit peripherals -- Adobe Acrobat 9 was bundled with it at no extra cost.)

Not to say that Catherine's report doesn't intrigue me.