ATX Community

2011 MEF efile

NECPA in NEBRASKA

I'm asking this again, because I don't have much hope that ATX will answer my emailed question very quickly. Has anyone been able to successfully efile a 2011 return? I thought that today was the day to begin efiling them again. I am getting the same error message, that "the taxpayer signature date must be the same as the current processing year". I can't change the year to 2012, because the 8879 is signed today.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Just yesterday I was able to e-file 3 2011 federal tax returns, no issues, all 3 have been accepted. However I continue to get rejects on the accompanying 3 state 2011 e-file returns, LA and AZ. LA tells me they are set up to accept e-filed 2011 returns but no answer from either AZ or from ATX.

lynn

Just yesterday I was able to e-file 3 2011 federal tax returns, no issues, all 3 have been accepted. However I continue to get rejects on the accompanying 3 state 2011 e-file returns, LA and AZ. LA tells me they are set up to accept e-filed 2011 returns but no answer from either AZ or from ATX.

lynn

States do not allow prior year e-filing. Period!

has anyone had luck on this yet. seems like you can't create the file with a 2012 sign date and it is rejected with a 2013 anyone have luck on this yet. still have two 2011 that need to efile

Did anyone ever figure out how to solve this problem? I have two 2011 returns to file and if I put in an 8879 sign date in 2013 ATX will not create the efile. If I put in a 2012 sign date the return is rejected by agency.