ATX Community

I got a big laugh at this!

Tax Prep by Deb

I opened my e-mail I received from ATX and I had to laugh!

atx_logo_grey.pngQuick Tips Video Library: Install & Initial Set-up

Our systems show that you have not installed your ATX software.

If you have not recently installed ATX, we recommend that you watch our install & initial set-up videos as soon as possible. These short, instructional videos are found on the ATX Quick Tips Video Library website. Each video is under five minutes and guides you step-by-step through important program enhancements.

I wonder what system they are talking about. I've had my software installed since they released it, have done daily update, (although yesterdays was a bit difficult) and have already prepared 35 returns.

ATX is really on the ball this year!

Deb!

• Like 1

I got one of those too. Mine said

"With the release of ATX update version 12.5, users are quickly preparing for the start of individual filing season.

To help you maximize your software"...blah, blah, blah.

I can't even keep the software open after running the 12.5 update yesterday afternoon. I'm not laughing.

• Like 1

Well, I got one too, and the other fun thing that happened today was I talked to about 14 people, then looked in the mirror, and I had a quarter-sized piece of a Klondike bar on my shirt. Bet they all left my office singing that song, "What would you do-oo-oo for a Klondike bar?"

• Like 3

Every time I see a Klondike bar I think of the Gary Larson cartoon with the two polar bears sitting with their heads over an igloo. (There are footprints leading into the igloo)

One polar bear is saying to the other "Hey! I just love these things - crunchy on the outside and a chewey center."

• Like 2

Well I just finished looking at their short "videos"... found some useful tips in them regarding the Client Communications Mgr, the Client letters, and print packets...

Might as well spend my time learning something while I wait for Michigan Efile to be released..

ATX might have sent this out due to the complaints from many of us trying to figure out how to use these "features"... After looking at what is in them I think this was a way of trying to help us use these functions in the program. If you stay with ATX and ride out this storm now might be a good time to study up. I know we don't like change. We don't like spending our time this way; but I need to learn how to use this stuff now.... not in June!

So I'm using every opportunity I have to make my life just a little easier this tax season...if I can.

Taxtrio

• Like 1

Maybe since they saw that many of the calls they were getting were of the 'where's the cover sheet' variety (from the quality of the questions on the 'other board' it's either my network isn't working or something user related) they figured no one read the frikkin' manual, and they needed a push to do so.

Half the calls (and the inability to reach tech support for those that really need it) could be thwarted if people just read the darn instructions.

I glanced at the email and saw that it was very similiar to several other emails I have received from ATX since November encouraging me to take the time to learn the "new" software. I did heed the request with the one where you had to enter the codes embedded in the training material to be entered to win an IPAD, I guess I didn't win the IPAD, but I am grateful I was incentivized enough to look at some of that material.

Log into your myatx account and check your profile to be certain that they have a vaild email address and that you are set up to receive email alerts. I am certain that you are not getting the emails not because ATX does not like you, but rather because you have not told them that you want the emails.