ATX Community

If you wish to remain in the queue please press 1

Chowdahead

I am on hold with ATX over yet another issue. The new thing this year is that the idiotic voice system asks you every 10 minutes if you wish to remain in the queue. If you fail to press "1" in 30 seconds it says "Goodbye". What kind of idiotic, uncustomer friendly gesture is this? Plus, the response of the system is slow. You press a key and it takes over a minute to respond with the next menu.

I have already been disconnected TWICE after waiting for 20 minutes each time because I put the phone on speaker while I attend to other returns or field calls. So if I even get distracted momentarily while this idiotic message comes up, I get hung up on and have to call back and start at the back of the queue.

The wait time is over one hour. Frequent calls to ATX. Now their system makes it more difficult to just put them on speaker and continue to work!!!! Can this year really get any worse?

Who is running this company? Do they even know how a tax office operates? :spaz::spaz:

• Like 1

I already wrote a letter to the VP about this very issue. I am fine putting my phone on speaker and doing something while waiting. But I had to take care of some business in a private room and heard the please press 1 but didn't make it to the phone in time and was hung up on.

An absolutely terrible process - I already confirmed I was willing to wait - why do you need me to recommit every 15 minutes?

• Like 1

From all the comments i've read, they probably have far more calls this year than ever before, so there are always a hundred or so people ahead of you in the queue.

I've never seen so many complaints about ATX before. Past criticisms have been mild in comparison to this year's complaints.

I wonder what percent of ATX customers won't be back next year.

You should see the official forum. Yikes! I haven't been there in years, in fact I've never had a problem with the programs where I ever had to call in until this year. Yesterday people were on hold for 6 hrs trying to get help. I tried calling in and there were so many ahead and waiting that I got a prerecorded message and then it hung up on me. Really nice!

Someone posted that the fix for my problem is half finished (this was an ATX tech that was posting) and in another thread it was stated that the fixes for the 12.5 update *might* be ready by the end of the week or maybe on next Monday. My program won't function at all. I now have returns waiting to be prepared and I've already lost 3 days on this. Now I'm supposed to wait until next week and *hope* that it will function? I am to the point of not trusting that it will be reliable.

Part of the problem is idiots calling for help when reading the manual like Jack suggest would work quickly. I saw a post on another board regarding the 'hidden files' problem-finding his backup files. He was complaining he was on hold for 2.5 hours, when the issue had been posted for days on this forum and the official one.

I'll admit I haven't read the whole manual. But my assistant has. And I know to come to this board and now the official one to look for answers before even thinking of calling Tex Upport. Like my lockout issue. You guys got me in!

• Like 1

And did you some of the language that people were using. :huh: Kimmie got an ear full from person. I did not even have to call them last year. I have not called yet this year just try to check both here and the ATX community page to see of others are having the same problems I am. It is just so slow and yesterday while doing a tax return with a client sitting at my desk the program crashed!

it's just really rude over there-I think that's why I'm getting really short with people when I answer questions. I called them once last year, slow season for something not mapping right. I've rarely called since I've been using ATX. I get most info from here. For slowness, what's the specs on your computer?

I haven't had a crash (knock on wood).

• Like 1

I agree about reading the manual, and I watched all of the training videos as soon as they were available. Of course, I could use a refresher now. I wish reading the manual would solve whatever is wrong in my machine. I've been trying to wait and have tried the workarounds and new file that a tech provided, but after this afternoon working up a simple test return to the point of being ready to final and that I'd consider complete, now the program is generating a whole 'nother error message and shutting me down for a different reason. It also won't let me access that one return I worked up. It will let me open the other 2 test returns that don't have data in them.

I'm incredibly frustrated with not being able to get started and fearful that if I do work on returns, that it will be a complete waste of my time and effort if I can't get back into those returns later on. I really like using ATX and don't want to change, but really I feel like I can't wait much longer.

I'm sorry if you and Jack in Ohio are tired of hearing me and others express our frustration, but remember that people *think* the program has the same features or should act the same because in many ways, it still looks the same but some things have been moved to different places. I'm not being wise when I say this, but if the programming-related posts are that bothersome to you, maybe you should skip those threads for a while,

Folks in case you did not read the blog, CCH reps were moved to a shelter this morning due to severe weather and Tornado warnings in GA. I just started getting my e-mails responded so looks like they are back on the job.

The very-late tax law changes (with subsequent re-allocation of programmers!) and the evacuation due to tornado warnings are certainly out of CCH's control (and I'm glad all are safe down there).

However, it certainly does seem that this year's program was not ready for "prime time" when they released it -- and there is no fallback from CCH.

The one thing I learned very quickly from this board was to un-check the "update program" box and wait until they fix whatever new problem has resulted from the latest program update. I'm just updating forms for now.

Good luck to all and I hope they fix the problems create by 12.5 very soon - and without adding new problems!

I have had 1 issue. I downloaded my software from the website because I ordered late (01/18/13). I could not open any 1040 forms. The returns containing the 1040 would display all forms except the 1040. On my add forms it shows the 1040 as being installed. When I try to add it to a return the program shuts down. No problem I'll just call tech support; that's when the nightmare began. I've gotten into the queue, pushed the 1 button 30 times, talked to a very apologetic supervisor only to be told after 2 hours of waiting that I have to wait 1 hour and 40 minutes for tech support only to get disconnected about 1 hour 15 minutes of waiting for tech support, I am furious. I have never had this problem before and usually if I have any issues I solve them myself because most problems I have I usually caused,GIGO, but this is ridiculous and support is nonexistent practically. I hope they fix this today, I am way behind.