ATX Community

Interesting E-file thing that I discovered

Pacun

When I roll over a return (maybe this is happening only to me), I am told that form MD502 (for example), is not ready and that it will be rolled over when available. I guess my rollover program compares the forms installed in my ATX 2012 and gives me that info. So, I was telling my MD clients that MD was not ready yet. By coincidence, I added that form to a new client and I noticed that most MD forms were "available now" but my program was not downloading automatically. I added all the MD forms to download and they all, all of them, were added to the client I was working on. Needless to say that I had to rollover the client again because I didn't want to discard 100 forms.

I checked my other two states DC and VA and there were also forms "available now" that my program didn't bother to update. So, I created a dummy client and I clicked on all of them and now I have them.

I have never used automatically updates until this year and I guess I will go back to hand pick my forms.

FYI.

Julie, you can click on "new" as if opening a new return. From there you can see forms that are available to you but not yet downloaded to your system. The 8879 has been available. You might have some corrupted forms. I believe there is a separate thread here on this forum that addresses how to fix that.

Wow - you guys are scaring me. Go to preferences, updates, and check your settings.

Pacun, I believe those forms will only be added to the returns awaiting the form after you have downloaded the form and while you are opening that tax return (after the forms have been updated).

Julie, 8879 has been available for quite some time.

Just as an aside, early on I was not getting ANY state updates. Decided to check my preferences and, you guessed, pilot error. I was not requesting state updates. When I changed the preference and clicked updates, I thought my computer was going exploded with all of the forms that were being downloaded. Boy did I feel sheepish!

Hmmmm. I'll try to update manually since I have checked my preferences and my forms should be updating but obviously, they aren't. I have it set to update on opening the program and 33 forms were updated today....but still no 8879 for me. I'll check again and hope I don't have to uninstall and reinstall. Thanks for the info.

Julie

Sheesh, have you all just tried to add the form to your open return from 'add from'? I'm the only person pretty much in my office, but I've used the security feature since it was available. If my computer is stolen, I'd like at least one level of security before someone can open my tax program. And as the main user, I'm Admin. Always signed in as such, a d new forms are downloading every time I start the program. Also, if the update button on the toolbar turns red, you've got forms to update/download. Click it and watch 'em update!