ATX Community

Deleting discarding forms-software locks up 12.7

CdogTdog

I have had this problem alot as well. It seems like once a return is corrupted - its corrupted. Seems quicker to delete the return and start from scratch. In problem returns I have also found that clicking on the error is a no no. I read the error on the error check and navigate to correct via the form but never via the error message - at least not on a return that is crashing.

I did that this morning, too, and am cautiously optimistic. That's why I posted the link, but didn't want to get anybody's hopes up in case it didn't work. Not been able to work any because people have been dropping off and chewing the fat. I'm about to get started...

Thanks, Maribeth, for the update. We are all in this together, and I'm so glad to have you all!

I did that this morning, too, and am cautiously optimistic. That's why I posted the link, but didn't want to get anybody's hopes up in case it didn't work. Not been able to work any because people have been dropping off and chewing the fat. I'm about to get started...

Thanks, Maribeth, for the update. We are all in this together, and I'm so glad to have you all!

Hmm . . . . Rita, didn't you switch to Drake? Am I remembering that incorrectly??

Hmm . . . . Rita, didn't you switch to Drake? Am I remembering that incorrectly?

I couldn't use it. I'm sure it's me not them. If it were November I might feel differently. This is not my kind of software, and I knew I'd never renew, so I decided to pray more fervently for ATX and if I have to buy other software, make sure I try out the 2011 version first.

So, I'm still crashing anytime I have to re-create an e-file, and I've done everything I can think of to fool the program, like going to Sch A and re-entering something, to hopefully make it think it's my first attempt. No luck. But, I'm not crashing all the other times I was crashing, soooooo...

I understand completely your frustration with Drake. I think I have looked at their software every year for the past 5 years. I love that they are a family-owned business, I love that they have never sold-out by being bought-out, I love that Stephen Drake emails me several times a year and calls me every year to see if it is time for me to use their product. i love what I hear about their customer service and their support and that they are efiling 4562 returns today and not stalling us until next Friday.

Having said that -- I simply cannot work with an input sheet-based software. My brain does not think that way and my comfort level just isn't there with their software.

I will stay with ATX, I will live through the crashes, I will continue to delete the Asset folder and I will get through this tax season. I know that next year will be better and I know that it was time for ATX to join the 21st century. And RitaB, it is good to know that you will be here also.

Maribeth

• Like 2

Hey, I am glad to hear someone besides me doesn't click with Drake. I thought I was a freak of nature.

Well, that may be true, but for other reasons.

Did not know I would need to keep deleting Assets Folder, thanks much, new best friend! Can you just see next year being fabulous? I can. If we live that long.

• Like 1

Same here. Some of us just work in certain ways and really have trouble changing easily. I have had (knock wood) very few issues and really cannot complain. And now I hope I have not jinxed myself! I do fervently hope that ATX not only makes it through this year but is around for the next several years until I retire.

• Like 2

I was beginning to think that i was the only one that just could not quite like Drake's software. Every year I talk to them to see if they are going to be forms based, and every year they tell me no. Sigh. I hope ATX will be able to weather the vicissitudes of this year.

Be careful using those big words!! Us tax professionals are easily confused.

For the record, I knew that word. My High School English teacher would be proud!

• Like 2

I actually had to get the dictionary out for that one; and I thought I was good with words. It means a change in fortune or situation for the worse.

I do hope and believe that ATX will turn their vicissitudes around and they appear to be working very hard to do just that. I, for one, am losing the feeling of panic and taking it one day and one update at a time. I have been fortunate enough to not have had many of the problems that others have had; but I have had enough to keep me alert and constantly checking, updating and saving. Let's all come through this OK. :rolleyes:

• Like 3