ATX Community

What form do you use?

Dan

What form do you use?

You are preparing yourself to become an official licensed professional counselor in regard to youth and family services dealing with mental heathcare. You are working with two different organizations.

What form do you use to report two 1099 misc forms you receive from two organizations? There are also work related expenses, a big one being mileage.

You have a supervisor over you that you also pay some money.

Look forward to your answer.

Unless you are in two different businesses, I would only do one Schedule C and list both 1099MISC on that one form. If you are paying your supervisor, I assume it is as a non-employee, and if you pay them $600 or more you need to prepare a 1099 for them so that you can answer the question on the Sched C properly.

I think the one issue no one addressed was the first six words of the post. "You are preparing yourself to become..."

If you are not yet qualified to be in this business, how did you earn the money? I'm guessing that you are in fact "in business", since you are getting paid. But I still have questions about those words. Could you give us a bit more info?

The requirements to become a Licensed Professional Counselor are:

1. 3000 hours under the supervision of a counselor and face to face time with clients

2. Pass the National Test

You are not yet a Licensed Professional Counselor.

You have completed your college work to become a counselor.

I believe Schedule C is the form to complete

Over $1000 was paid to the supervisor in number 1 above.