ATX Community

Take notes

ILLMAS

If you are able to get through tech support and resolve the issue, please take notes and post the solution here.

Other have posted there are solution at the "Other Forum", not that many people know where is the "Other Forum", well at least for me. Count on me in whatever I can help out, PM me.

Thank you

• Like 1

Was on hold yesterday from 8:10AM to 11:30AM when their system disconnected me. On hold from 11:40AM to 4:45PM and had to leave. Results ZERO words with a technician.

Getting through the "customer service person" is a huge waste of time. Yet, before she would put me in the queue to the techs, I had to do all the mundane, silly, don't work fixes that have been posted. Not working today, but tomorrow I will be back on hold again. I have an incident# so I can breeze past the "customer service person" this time.

I will notate every step that I am given and report it here, IF I get to talk to a real tech.

• Like 1

If you are able to get through tech support and resolve the issue, please take notes and post the solution here.

Other have posted there are solution at the "Other Forum", not that many people know where is the "Other Forum", well at least for me. Count on me in whatever I can help out, PM me.

Thank you

Ditto!

If you open the program under network. Then try to open a return and it crash immediately (5 secs). Did all the above fix ( delete assets folder, and . pref files). look under event viewer and I got

Application: ATX2012.Loader.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.Runtime.Serialization.SerializationException
Stack:
at System.AppDomain.ExecuteAssembly(System.String)
at Sfs.Max.Shell.Loader.Program.Main(System.String[])

Call tech support today and wait for 4 hrs. The problem was that when you install under the network. You suppose too install under thru the share drive (map to z: x: drive , etc) not the local drive. It suppose to just install one instance of database but if you install it under local drive it will create two instance of the database and create failures.

So install thru networks drives.

If you open the program under network. Then try to open a return and it crash immediately (5 secs). Did all the above fix ( delete assets folder, and . pref files). look under event viewer and I got

Stack:

Call tech support today and wait for 4 hrs. The problem was that when you install under the network. You suppose too install under thru the share drive (map to z: x: drive , etc) not the local drive. It suppose to just install one instance of database but if you install it under local drive it will create two instance of the database and create failures.

So install thru networks drives.

Questions:

Initial installation in a network cannot be from the server itself? So it needs to be installed via a workstation to the mapped drive on the server?

Are you referring to the program installation or the NetSetup installation on the workstations?

This was an issue with 2008-2011 because the ATX program was not compatible with netframework-4 on servers, so all had to be done through workstations. I have not seen any indication in any information about 2012 not being server friendly.

Please elabroate. This could be saving grace news.

When installing under the server , you can't specify the local hard drives. So you have to use local harddrive c: d: mapped a network drive on the server such as (x: z:) to itself . When you install as network, instead under the default c:prog~ atx you have to choose the mapped network drive (x: z:). I know ...... and netsetup should also be done under mapped network drive.

After the program is installed on the Server:

You access the server by clicking "My Computer" from the start menu of the workstations you want to install ATX on.

Then: Network

Then: The Server (whatever it is called.)

Then you right click on: ATX2012

Then click: Map Network Drive

From the drop down menu beside "drive". you have to choose one of the available drives and click on it. . (I used "T", but it doesn't matter which one you choose)

After doing this, you double click on "ATX2012" then "Workstation" then "Netsetup" and follow the installation.

I hope this is a help to anyone that is having problems with netsetup etc.

You have to Map the network drive from every workstation that you want to install ATX on. Be sure to use the same drive (T) on each workstation.

If anyone has a better way of explaining this I welcome them to add/edit as needed. I tried to explain it step by step in plain english.

(because I'm not tech savvy enough to use all the pc jargon) :blush:

After the program is installed on the Server:

You access the server by clicking "My Computer" from the start menu of the workstations you want to install ATX on.

Then: Network

Then: The Server (whatever it is called.)

Then you right click on: ATX2012

Then click: Map Network Drive

From the drop down menu beside "drive". you have to choose one of the available drives and click on it. . (I used "T", but it doesn't matter which one you choose)

After doing this, you double click on "ATX2012" then "Workstation" then "Netsetup" and follow the installation.

I hope this is a help to anyone that is having problems with netsetup etc.

You have to Map the network drive from every workstation that you want to install ATX on. Be sure to use the same drive (T) on each workstation.

If anyone has a better way of explaining this I welcome them to add/edit as needed. I tried to explain it step by step in plain english.

(because I'm not tech savvy enough to use all the pc jargon) :blush:

Still waiting on answers about the FAM folder error. That is the huge issue now. Since switching to WIN7 PRO on the workstations and installing 12.9, we have the occasional program close and system resouce issue. Between 12.8 & 12.9 about 25 returns developed this error and another 10 simply disappeared out of the program. Rollover still requires some to be opened in 2011 first, but we are doing that a day early as we can.

I fear for the existence of CCH and ATX for next tax season.

ATX is suggesting this as temporary fix for 3 or 4 different problems related to corrupted efiles and inability to open returns after creating efiles. For whatever it's worth:

bets,

You need to verify that that you have Version 135 or higher on the EFINFO form, right click on the form and the version info is at the bottom. If below version 135, you need to update forms, open the return again and check the version.

Also, click on the Support menu, About box then click on the Version Info about 8 down is EfileRules.xml that needs to be 12.27 or higher. If not, then close the program, delete the efilesrules.xml located at C:ProgramDataCCH Small Firm ServicesATX2012 (win7..if XP C:Documents and SettingsAll usersApplication DataCCH Small Firm ServicesATX2012). When you update again, the rules file should update properly. Open application back up and verify the EfileRules.xml has been updated

ATX MarilynB

What's unclear to me is do you redownload 12.9 or do you have wait for 12.10?

I am currently at the firm. I am following the instructions of the tech I spoke to. I am totally removing the program from the server and all work stations. I will follow his instructions for re-installing and restoring all 878 clients we currently have in the system. I may be here a few hours, but when I am finished, I will post my experiences whether it helps or not. If it helps, I will post the information in detail for those of you using a network. None of what I am doing will be relevant for a single computer install, or a peer-to-peer installation.

At this point, I have reinstalled on the server and two workstations. I have done all updates of the program and the forms. Currtently, restoring my client files from the back-up. Film at 11:00

Restoring at the average rate of one client every 42 seconds. 837 clients = 35,154 seconds = 586 minutes = Gonna be a long night....

Left the office at 10:00 PM. Back here at 6:00AM. Could not restore 125 clients. Still trying to synchronize efiles. Double entries for every efile. I won't post these procedures yet, as I am not sure they have made anything better, and the possiblilty of having to recreate from scratch 125 more returns makes me sick to my stomach.

Did I hear a rumor of a class action lawsuit???

• 10 months later...

How can i learn to live with it. I just completely uninstalled and re-installed and get the same errors. The application crashes and there are two errors in the event viewer. I cant even get into the app. I desparately need help with this.

EventType clr20r3, P1 atx2012.loader.exe, P2 1.0.0.0, P3 5097c687, P4 atx2012.loader, P5 1.0.0.0, P6 5097c687, P7 2, P8 8e, P9 vzevnfupilsvc31z3h5gto45urxfkid3, P10 NIL.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Stack:

How can i learn to live with it. I just completely uninstalled and re-installed and get the same errors. The application crashes and there are two errors in the event viewer. I cant even get into the app. I desparately need help with this.

EventType clr20r3, P1 atx2012.loader.exe, P2 1.0.0.0, P3 5097c687, P4 atx2012.loader, P5 1.0.0.0, P6 5097c687, P7 2, P8 8e, P9 vzevnfupilsvc31z3h5gto45urxfkid3, P10 NIL.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Stack:

You are not installing correctly. Check your messages.